Dominick Cruz would have wrecked Renan Bar

I don't know....

Look what Barao did to Faber.
Look at how much Cruz struggled with Faber. Faber dropped Cruz a few times in that fight, and Faber couldn't touch Barao.

And is Barao always like he was last night? I don't think so.
OR
MAYBE TJ would wreck Cruz even worse than he wrecked Barao.

It's funny how people act like a revolution has taken place after a guy loses an MMA fight.

In sports, people lose. You can't always draw conclusions from it.

If fighter X hurts Barao in round one and continues to dominate him does not mean fighter Z might be able to do the same. Its just not comparable.

Wreck? Probably not, Cruz is not known for doing significant damage. But can he bounce around Barao for 5 rounds to a dominant decision, very likely.

If fighter X hurts Barao in round one and continues to dominate him does not mean fighter Z might be able to do the same. Its just not comparable.

You can when the fighters are using similar styles.

Something, something, styles make fights.

Yea... but surely, over the course of MMA history, a guy who only wins 25% of the time or less, has won big fights MANY, MANY times. Guys on Sherdog love to act like there was a formula or blueprint involved or be 100% sure that said fighter is just the better fighter.

I'm not saying that would be the case with TJ at all. I don't know why people think Cruz could do what TJ did.
Cruz's movements were more random, like a smarter version of Guida. His randomness went directly into Faber's punches several times.
TJ moves differently.

Wreck? Probably not, Cruz is not known for doing significant damage. But can he bounce around Barao for 5 rounds to a dominant decision, very likely.

I basically said the same thing in the op.

Lol TS was schooled in this thread :redface:

You can when the fighters are using similar styles.

Actually TS, their styles is not that similar, TJ was using lateral headmovements and gets in and out after powershots; while on the other hand Cruz uses unconventional rhythmic movements and cuts the cage, mixed with takedowns to steal a round for good. Also Cruz also can counterstrike very effectively when he is being chased backwards, is faster than TJ and has a better gastank as well.

Actually TS, their styles is not that similar, TJ was using lateral headmovements and gets in and out after powershots; while on the other hand Cruz uses unconventional rhythmic movements and cuts the cage, mixed with takedowns to steal a round for good. Also Cruz also can counterstrike very effectively when he is being chased backwards, is faster than TJ and has a better gastank as well.

Wouldn't that mean Cruz would still win though?

I'm more curious to see how Dillashaw will do against someone who moves as much as him in Dominick. Would be a pretty awesome busy fight for sure if cruz comes back in prime form

Back