• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Dominick Cruz vs. Pedro Munhoz in the works for UFC 269 Dec 11th

Who Wins?

• Dominick Cruz

• Pedro Munhoz

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't think I've fully recovered from betting on Pedro to beat Frankie Edgar.

Cruz TKO 1 hopefully.

Munhoz's stock will go way down if he lost to a past prime Dom who's ranked below him, and realistically it will hurt his career. He'll have no choice but to go to FLW if he can't beat him, where he'll have his back on the wall.

The strange thing is that Dom is far from Dumb, so I'm wondering why he took this fight and if he has an answer for calf kicks now. If it's a three rounder, his stance switches might be able to save him from accumulating a ton of damage on one leg, but I don't know. I like to think Dom has a plan here better than that. I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Dom hinted a while back on a live instagram Q&A that he would be working on switching his style up a bit. Refered to alot of takedowns and Ernesto Hoost dutch style kickboxing.

Interesting to see what he's been working on in his time off because he hasn't been injured.

Pedro should style here. Leg kicks for days, heavy hands and Cruz is getting fragile by day, Cruz doesn't have half the speed Aldo does, and he has a slick guillotine in case Dom tries to spam takedowns. Pedrinho by TKO.

I did think Munhoz making 125lbs was far-fetched. Cruz, UD

269 is shaping up nicely. Fingers crossed not too many of the fights fall through.

At this point, I'll take munhoz all day. This will be a swedish massage compared to Aldo.This "should "be a good fight for Pedro.

Cruz! Everyone will say Cruz is past it but with covid and how inactive he has been he will get back in his old form in no time.

Big Dom fan, but it is time for him to retire. He has slowed down, and is just going to take tons of damage..

The tarnishing of a legacy, always happens. His never die attitude works against him now.

Heart says Cruz, head says Munhoz.

cant tell who wins, but this is a very strange fight for cruz to agree to

I think Cruz will win a decision but it will be close, probably a split decision type of fight

I like that the realism Cruz talks about translates to his own career. It usually doesn't. Willing to fight all comers, wants to compete. Knowing where he's at.

For the match-up Cruz's evasiveness isn't the same it used to be. All those injuries, older. Takes more flush hits now. And Munhoz is eager to exchange and good when trading, has power. Is not young, but way younger in mileage. So I think Munhoz lands enough hard shots to win.

Wild people are talking Pedro over Cruz here. This is a gimme fight for Dom his speed, defense, combinations, and strategies will overwhelm Munhoz the same way aldo and edgar did. Munhoz probably has the slowest handspeed at BW 0 chance he KO's illusive dom.

Back