Dominick Cruz is the worst match up for Conor 145 and under

Hi-Tech

Slavic Fighter
Banned
Reaction score
Conor's most important weapon against "midgets" is his rather telegraphed straight left and even more telegraphed kicks.

It works against stationary targets who stand there and want to trade with Conor, often irritated by his trash talk and mind games.

Cruz would absolutely destroy Conor verbally before the fight and then dance around for a comfortable decision 50-44 win (Conor gets a point deducted after he tries to disqualify himself with kicks to the groin out of sheer frustration).

Conor doesn't have the wrestling to impose his size advantage and his power wouldn't mean anything against someone he can't hit. It would look like Floyd vs Canelo.

I honestly can't see a way Cruz loses this. If much faster 135 fighters can't land on him how could Conor? If Conor tries to walk through punches he'd get knocked down by Dominick's underrated power like Faber was. Dom would probably even be able to take him down at will.

Aldo would be a much worse match up for Cruz because he would leg kick him and use his speed and grappling.

If only Cruz would eat some sandwiches and graduate to manlet size.

I agree that Cruz's footwork and movement would give Conor problems though, and Cruz can definitely hold his own on the mic.

Preach on, ts.

Cruz bless

CfjcVUZUUAACebt.jpg:large

Well Cruz is the best fighter in the world under 145 so.....

If only Cruz would eat some sandwiches and graduate to manlet size.

I agree that Cruz's footwork and movement would give Conor problems though, and Cruz can definitely hold his own on the mic.
He walks around at 160. He'll have some FW fights before he retires, surely. Sounds like he wants to.

Cruz's big head would be too much of a target. TJ touched him quite a bit. I'm pretty sure CM would put the lights out.

He fights like a manlet and has no KO power. Cruz would struggle keeping Conor on the ground 3+ rounds.

Cruz is the worst matchup for every single one of his possible opponents.

God, I'd love to see this fight.

So the best fighter under 145 would be Conor's biggest test under 145...

Truly incredible insight TS

EDIT: Thread title originally said Cruz was Conor's worst matchup BELOW 145. Yeah..

Last edited:
So the best fighter under 145 would be Conor's biggest test under 145...

Truly incredible insight TS

At least a month ago Edgar was the consensus worst opponent for Conor in his weightclass. A lot of people think Aldo or even Holloway rematch give Conor more trouble.

Yes, but Dom has a fantastic chin & is incredibly elusive. He could last & probably tire Conor to where his power started to fade.

The size difference between them wouldn't make that much of a difference in a stand up fight. Size is usually a big deal in MMA because of grappling but since Dom can probably negate that and Conor isn't exactly the guy to try to do what DC did to Silva from the 1st minute I think he has more than a legit chance to hold his own.

In boxing for example their size difference wouldn't be anything special, Floyd and Pacman routinely beat people bigger than them.

The size difference between them wouldn't make that much of a difference in a stand up fight. Size is usually a big deal in MMA because of grappling but since Dom can probably negate that and Conor isn't exactly the guy to try to do what DC did to Silva from the 1st minute I think he has more than a legit chance to hold his own.
Agreed. But he can take Conor down too. Dom's timing on his takedowns is second to none. He can take down anyone.

Dominic Cruz too small I reckon

Ted Cruz > Dom Cruz

Back