Dominant Decision wins >> flash Finishes

Saskatoonmike**

Brown Belt
Reaction score
After tonight would anyone argue that a flash finish tells us way less about who is the better fighter, then a dominant decision does? After watching a dominant decision win no one really questions who would win the next time. If it is repeatable?

JDS is one of the greatest strikers in the HW division and while his first finish was not at all lucky, Cain proved how hard it is for him to repeat that performance and thus win subsequant fights. a dominant decision never leaves that question.

However had Cain finished JDS after a prolonged beating then Dominant Finish >>> Dominant Decision >>> Flash Finish.

Does anyone disagree and think flash ko's are a better win in terms of telling us who the better fighter is?

(not looking for what you find more exciting fwiw)

I think that's pretty obvious though. I don't see how anybody would argue that lol

I couldn't agree more. You don't learn anything from a flash finish.

A lot of guys do.

A lot of guys argue that it's more entertaining and it's better. I don't see how anybody could sit here and say a 64 second KO told us more about the two fighters over what happened tonight..

That's why a lot of people tought Chael was better fighter than Andy after their first fight as dominating for x time > an actual finish.

This is what I've been saying since the first fight. It meant nothing just like Serra/GSP 1 meant nothing. Great fighters beat guys they are better than.

That is a very strange argument.

JDS was clearly in zombie mode fighting for survival after he ate that massive overhand in the very 1st round.

Had he fallend and got KOed (like Cain did) instead of fighting till the end would you call the fight a fluke?

After tonight would anyone argue that a flash finish tells us way less about who is the better fighter, then a dominant decision does? After watching a dominant decision win no one really questions who would win the next time. If it is repeatable?

JDS is one of the greatest strikers in the HW division and while his first finish was not at all lucky, Cain proved how hard it is for him to repeat that performance and thus win subsequant fights. a dominant decision never leaves that question.

However had Cain finished JDS after a prolonged beating then Dominant Finish >>> Dominant Decision >>> Flash Finish.

Does anyone disagree and think flash ko's are a better win in terms of telling us who the better fighter is?

You could also make the argument that while one punch for Junior defeated Cain, one punch from Cain also defeated Junior. Junior was doing quite well in the first half of the first round (you may have had to mute Joe Rogan to see that) by stuffing take downs and landing solid jabs. Cain was flying around flopping on the floor, but when Cain landing that big overhand right, the fight was basically over. Junior never fully recovered. So, one could argue that a single punch won both fights.

This is what I've been saying since the first fight. It meant nothing just like Serra/GSP 1 meant nothing. Great fighters beat guys they are better than.

How does the first fight mean nothing? That makes no sense.

A lot of guys argue that it's more entertaining and it's better. I don't see how anybody could sit here and say a 64 second KO told us more about the two fighters over what happened tonight..

I agree with you, but trust me when I say that people do argue that a flash finish tells more than a dominant decision.

I agree with you, but trust me when I say that people do argue that a flash finish tells more than a dominant decision.

lol I want to ask for evidence but I feel like if you supply it, I'll get so freakishly frustrated with the stupidity of humanity that I may never trust anybody again haha

Flash finishes or early stoppages don't necessarily show who is the better fighter.

3 or 5 round dominations are solid proof.

Flash finishes or early stoppages don't necessarily show who is the better fighter.

3 or 5 round dominations are solid proof.

So who's better, Anderson Silva or Chael Sonnen? Out of 7 rounds of fighting, Sonnen won 5 and Silva won 2.

I disagree

a win is a win

Dominant decision=flash ko

velasquez dominated the decision after 1 big strike. this caused junior to loose the rest of the fight so if junior went out the result would be the same but it would have been a flash ko instead

you see how it works?

TS is a GSP troll nuthugger. Please dont even attempt to derail this into a GSP is the best fighter bc he has the most UD's. Ludicrous. Fuck you TS, I'm onto your scheme.

That is a very strange argument.

JDS was clearly in zombie mode fighting for survival after he ate that massive overhand in the very 1st round.

Had he fallend and got KOed (like Cain did) instead of fighting till the end would you call the fight a fluke?

Exactly. JDS had nothing after round 1. Cain beating him for another 4 rounds means nothing more than if he had finished him in the first.

Back