Dom Cruz is bound to lose here is why

Not only that, I just think Codys defense is lacking and Dom can find his chin and hurt him.

Cody will have a hard time landing on Cruz IMO, and Cruz will be able to counter and hurt a frustrated Cody.

Could be wrong, wouldnt be the first time, wont be the last.

Just a hunch is all.
I also see it going this way. Cody's gonna get frustrated and leave huge openings for Dom.

I think I scored it 4-1 if memory serves.

At least one judge had TJ winning 4 rounds.

I don't remember either guy having a real dominant round. Cruz made TJ miss a lot but you don't score points for defense. Otherwise you could win a fight by running away. Cruz spent a lot of time dancing and running in my opinion. He squeaked it out with take-downs that didn't amount to anything.

Cody will lose. He is to flat footed. He ko the last four guys who were mostly grapplers. Dom reach will be to much.
Was almeida a grappler? I thought he was a good offensive striker that gets hit waayyy too much

cruz grapples from start to finish or cody makes him pay for his wild and sloppy arm punches

<{cruzshake}>

Lol at he "took a lot of shots from TJ".
TJ hit nothing but air in that fight.

EDIT: TJ hit nothing but air.

27% strikes landed. 130 out of 430 thrown.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/c4938baf92d2dc31
Dude, 130 strikes landed is a fucking lot of strikes.... To be saying he hit nothing but air shows you must be working on some level of grandeur delusion that most sane humans could not ever comprehend.

Do you agree that Cruz was "swinging at air all night"? He only landed like 37%..... That can't even a kit if 27% is "nothing but air". Try to explain your amazingly flawed logic. I'll wait.

I think Cruz will win. However, I don't think he'll win as comfortably as some are predicting.

To compare Cody to TJ is just unfounded at this point.. Yes, TJ managed to touch Dom more than a few times in their fight... but two things stick out... Dom was coming off a 2 year layoff, and TJ has been in the ring, and beaten other elite BW... Cody has power, there is no denying, but he uses a very traditional boxing setup.. and this is going to be his first test against a truly elite fighter @ 135.. and Dom just happens to be the elite of the elite... interested in this bout, because it is hard to gauge if Cody is scoring big KO's because of the level of opposition, or if he is going to be the next big thing at 135... I suspect, at least in the begining of this fight, Cody is going to be swinging at air.. will be interesting to see how he adjusts to one of the most frustrating fighters in the entire UFC... looking forward to this one...

At least one judge had TJ winning 4 rounds.

I don't remember either guy having a real dominant round. Cruz made TJ miss a lot but you don't score points for defense. Otherwise you could win a fight by running away. Cruz spent a lot of time dancing and running in my opinion. He squeaked it out with take-downs that didn't amount to anything.
Even TK knew he lost. The decision was an easy one to call imo.

tumblr_mlif5i3r3s1qdjdv3o1_500.gif

Cruz totally dominates, Cody will barely touch him, he is too raw and not ready for Cruz, one of Cruz's easier fights for sure

How many guys who just "hit hard" actual won a title fight? You need more than puncher chance, especially against someone like Cruz who is hard to hit.

cruise is just too good at moving around and annoying his opponent. Tj is the guy to beat him, i see one of those head kicks knocking cruise out in a rematch.

Usually the fighter X needs five rounds to beat fighter Y/ fighter Y has five rounds to land something big sceniro unravels two rounds in when it becomes obvious that fighter X is too technical for fighter Y to have any success
What are some examples of this?

How many guys who just "hit hard" actual won a title fight?
2016 title changes (including interim titles)
Cruz - decision
Aldo - decision / promoted
Holloway - kicks and punches
McGregor - punches
Woodley - punches
Bisping - punches
Jones - decision
Miocic - punches

At least 3 of those - first round stoppages due to punches.

Back