Dom Cruz is bound to lose here is why

As unlikely as it sounds, Cody's been KO'd, stiff, before. And Dom has shown that he can actually do some damage, when he throws with bad intentions.
That was a long time ago and Cruz is pillow fisted. This is like saying GSP is going to knock Woodley out cold because Marquardt put him to sleep.

<{cruzshake}>

Lol at he "took a lot of shots from TJ".
TJ hit nothing but air in that fight.

EDIT: TJ hit nothing but air.

27% strikes landed. 130 out of 430 thrown.

http://www.fightmetric.com/fight-details/c4938baf92d2dc31
130 strikes
"air"

TJ landed a couple of big punches, but nothing that really fazed Cruz. Has Dom ever even been rocked in his career?
He got stumbled against Faber
In both UFC fights I think
Joey Benz hurt him too I think

I predict TJ vs Cruz II will be title eliminator.

Cruz is one of my top 3 favorite fighters.

I get nervous every time he fights, and I agree with you. IF he's going to lose, that is how he will lose. He does get clipped often enough in his fights and it could be fatal if it happens vs. Garbrandt.

Of course, it's also possible that he takes Cody down and wears him out enough to nullify his KO power. We will see.

Cody doesnt seem to have too solid of a chin. We shall see, but we have seen him knocked unconscious in amateurs.

This is potentially a finish able fight for Cruz IMO.
You are basing this off of a KO loss from years ago? Well ok

Dom is too slick, to well rounded, too smart and crafty for Cody.......He will RNC Cody by round 4......or win the decision by round 5.......either way Dom will DOMinate!!

You are basing this off of a KO loss from years ago? Well ok

Not only that, I just think Codys defense is lacking and Dom can find his chin and hurt him.

Cody will have a hard time landing on Cruz IMO, and Cruz will be able to counter and hurt a frustrated Cody.

Could be wrong, wouldnt be the first time, wont be the last.

Just a hunch is all.

That was a long time ago and Cruz is pillow fisted. This is like saying GSP is going to knock Woodley out cold because Marquardt put him to sleep.
I didn't say it was going to happen, I'm saying it's possible for Cody to be knocked out, and Cruz can actually do some damage, when he puts enough power into his strikes. This is MMA, don't forget. Anything is possible.

Dom needs five rounds to beat Cody, meanwhile Cody has five rounds to land something big. Garbrandt by KO after Cruz zigs where he should have zagged.

Usually the fighter X needs five rounds to beat fighter Y/ fighter Y has five rounds to land something big sceniro unravels two rounds in when it becomes obvious that fighter X is too technical for fighter Y to have any success

130 strikes
"air"

He got stumbled against Faber
In both UFC fights I think
Joey Benz hurt him too I think
Don't remember any trouble in the third fight, but Cruz definitely got clipped by Faber, in the second fight. He was seriously off-balance, when a few of those landed, though, so that will have made the strikes look more impactful, than they were.

Don't remember any trouble in the third fight, but Cruz definitely got clipped by Faber, in the second fight. He was seriously off-balance, when a few of those landed, though, so that will have made the strikes look more impactful, than they were.
I didn't see it live in the third fight, so I can't point out the round - but the full blast with Cody for the third fight shows different angles than the PPV, and at one point Urijah drops Cruz as he's coming in with an overhand to the back of the head, live I thought it was a slip but in the replay you can see Cruz go down to his knees hard. But he recovers super quickly and ends up landing a combination so it was a forgotten moment.

Cruz got clipped a few times in a few fights, he just is so good at changing the tempo/going for takedowns whenever he sense any danger standing that its never really mattered.

Cody getting 50-45'd all night long

Urijah Faber put him on his ass several times.

also TJ hit Dom like 130 times. He's not untouchable.
He hit him 130 times, but only landed a few big shots. 130 strikes does not mean 130 massive overhand rights, clean on the chin.

I never said Dom was untouchable, that was the other poster.

Back