Dom Cruz is bound to lose here is why

I was waiting for Cody's hype to rise to bet money but after the last embedded, I put the house on Dom.

The fight was a chess match.

Chess matches are rarely close (for us) because true players know when to quit. In reality, they could extend the game for hours but they know they have no chance to ever win. They could often just "prolong the inevitable" until they have a King left and move to the corner until checkmate. Nobody does that: you knock your King over and you start from scratch.

There is no quit in MMA. You go the distance or you win / lose by finish. Taping is not quitting, it's accepting defeat. Just like in chess, it's not quitting to knock the King down: it's acepting that you were beaten and try again instead of wasting time prolonging the loss. You do not learn much by prolonging a loss, compared to what you learn in a rematch.

In the chess match with Dom Cruz, TJ never knocked his King over and we admire him for it. But like I said, the fight was a chess match. Dom called "mate in 28" sometimes in round two. At the end of the last round, everybody (even TJ) knew he was right.

Last edited:
CoGar isn't in the same league as TJ when it comes to footwork, speed, or athleticism. DoCru will mix it up and box him up.

I think Dom is better but Cody has a puncher's chance in this fight.

Cody by KO is possible but not the most likely outcome. I think the footwork/movement of Cruz will be to much for the challenger.

After 5 rounds: 49-46, and still....

It's hard to think somebody other than TJ can beat Cruz at this time.
Garbrandt has a chance, but it's very unlikely.

flatfooted Garbrand has 20% Chance to win at most
There must be alot wrong with Cruz to get hit, more like the awkward loss of Alvarez to McGregor where he did everything wrong - so it looked like a gift to his opponent or the UFC :)

TJ was the toughest match up for him.

Cody is too stationary.

I even think Dom might TKO Cody.
Lmfao! Ok casual guy.. Wonder why TJ had issues bitd with Cody every sparring session? Wonder why TJ use to get smacked around when sparring Cody? Wonder why TJ truly left TAM when there was another hot prospect 135lb coming up in the gym? Maybe it's because Cody is the better fighter?

My strategy in a fight against Dominick Cruz would be to try land as many leg kicks as I could. Inside or outside, whichever presented a good opportunity. I would also be looking to land powerful body shots on him. There is no sense chasing the guy's head, he moves very well. In fact I wouldn't be trying to chase him down too much either. That plays right into his hands on the feet. I would try to interchange that strategy with trying to push him up against the cage and getting him onto his back. During this part of the strategy I would chase him down, switch to southpaw and lead with my right hand. I think this would allow me, a natural right hander, to get the jab off faster and more accurately during the time I had to chase him down. This is all totally my opinion....

Yeah i get many people think that Cruz might get caught...

And yes it can happen.

But i think it will be one of these fights you keep waiting for something to happen and it doesn't, and the champ cruises to decision.

My strategy in a fight against Dominick Cruz would be to try land as many leg kicks as I could. Inside or outside, whichever presented a good opportunity. I would also be looking to land powerful body shots on him. There is no sense chasing the guy's head, he moves very well. In fact I wouldn't be trying to chase him down too much either. That plays right into his hands on the feet. I would try to interchange that strategy with trying to push him up against the cage and getting him onto his back. During this part of the strategy I would chase him down, switch to southpaw and lead with my right hand. I think this would allow me, a natural right hander, to get the jab off faster and more accurately during the time I had to chase him down. This is all totally my opinion....

In this case Cruz could switch to takedown tactics and Garbrand is for sure worse grappler than he is

Lmfao! Ok casual guy.. Wonder why TJ had issues bitd with Cody every sparring session? Wonder why TJ use to get smacked around when sparring Cody? Wonder why TJ truly left TAM when there was another hot prospect 135lb coming up in the gym? Maybe it's because Cody is the better fighter?
Lol, thats all hearsay first of all, and what happens in the gym does not at all translate what would happen in a fight.

Dillashaw has been champ, and fought to a razor close decision with Dom.

Dillashaw has beaten better guys and as it stands he is the better fighter.

We'll see how Cody does on Friday, but more then likely he wont do as will as TJ did.

Lol, thats all hearsay first of all, and what happens in the gym does not at all translate what would happen in a fight.

Dillashaw has been champ, and fought to a razor close decision with Dom.

Dillashaw has beaten better guys and as it stands he is the better fighter.

We'll see how Cody does on Friday, but more then likely he wont do as will as TJ did.
While I can't deny your logic as you are entitled to your opinion, which I actually appreciate being you are valid and detailed in your reply. But.. I will say the "hearsay" is not myth, take that for what you like. As I mentioned it, but it is not my place to discuss such without speaking to those I speak of first. I will say, from my own personal experience, what happens in the gym, directly relates to what happens fight night, as we go harder daily in practice and are usually healthier, then in a fight. Reason being, is we are more relaxed in the gym, tend to be having fun when training/sparring and are going with others who we train daily with, and know our weaknesses and strengths.. Even if not the "better fighter". TJ has def fought the higher profile fighter in Barao twice and Dom. But Cody has beat some quality guys in his short career, while also derailing a little streak that a few of his opponents had going. I know with an unbiased opinion that Cody beats TJ a lot easier then he beats Dom.. If he beats Dom. For him to beat Dom, he has to use angles to cut off the cage, and counter Dom's strikes and movement, because walking down Dom and trying to stay in front of him, will not work and he will be getting caught and catching air when he counters. I think Cody has better grappling and wrestling then TJ, but I think Dom has the best wrestling under 155lbs, beside Mendes. But I think Cody is strong enough to get up right away when taken down by Dom and can take down Dom if needed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back