Doesn't random injury=NC?

^ I thought it was an illegal elbow but they needed a fighter to move forward in the tournament? And it wasn't a fight with unified rules either.

If it was a NC, you'd have a lot more fighters getting injured mid-way through a fight if they're losing.

Why should Holloway be punished for someone else getting injured in a fight?

Usually if a freak inury occurs its a NC .

I don't know what you're talking about.

You seem like you know fuck all.

That statement you made is 100% false. The only thing what would cause a NC injury wise is something like an accidental eye poke or an accidental strike to the head of a downed opponent.

And not that it matters but Oliviera's injury wasn't completely random btw. Not that it was his plan, but Holloway did the right things that caused Oliviera to put himself in a position to potentially injure himself.

Last edited:
If it was a NC, you'd have a lot more fighters getting injured mid-way through a fight if they're losing.

Of course they would. And under that scenario I would think they're stupid if they didn't. And how the fuck would it even be determined if it was a real injury until you have doctors verify it which would be hours after the fight regardless of whether the fighter was being truthful or not. A lot of times you could just be in sudden pain but later find out there's no real injury.

TS is clueless to not even have realized that.

^ I thought it was an illegal elbow but they needed a fighter to move forward in the tournament? And it wasn't a fight with unified rules either.

TK threw a punch, Fedor tried to dodge it, but ended up with TK's elbow grazing his tinfoil skin and busting him open over his eye. It wasn't like TK went all Muay Thai on Fedor and stuck him with a massive elbow strike. You could probably justifiably argue it should have been a no contest, but this was RINGS in the late 90s, with their own bizarre rules.

Fedor got away with headbutting Nog for a no contest too. Clearly watched too many Holyfield bouts.

It's only a "No Contest" when it's an accidental illegal strike and the fighter can't continue.

For example, when Wagner Prado was on the receiving end of a Phil Davis eye poke. Couldn't continue, fight was ruled a NC.

Also has to be before certain point in the fight, after that it goes to the cards.

Watching UFC last night my gf was clowning MAx Holloway for his post fight reaction.."he's pretty happy for someone who won a NC" "Nah he won" I responded but did he really win?

Usually if a freak inury occurs its a NC and I'm not sure there's more of a "freak accident" than a es****us tear(who has that happen?). Being a fight fan I guess I went with the show and took it as a W for Holloway but I've dragged my girl to enough weigh ins she knows the rules and looks at things more black and white than I do. Holloway didn't put him away why should he get a finish bonus for the other mans misfortune?

As much as having your throat torn sucks having a bad decision on your record could hurt more.

If an illegal blow caused the injury it would be NC. I think anyway.

and this whole girlfriend thing is bullshit. Pics or werk. You know the deal.

and also, holy shit! 2005 and 100+ only posts. Touche sir. Well done.

now make with the GF pics.

It would have been a nc is one had accidentally hurt the other.

Imagine the NC night of UFC, if fighters can just fake to NC when they are losing.

Imagine the NC night of UFC, if fighters can just fake to NC when they are losing.

haha! this is a good point. Never thought of it that way. Josh Koscheck would be the king of NCs.

Shogun having that bullshit loss to Coleman should answer your question.

They very clearly should be ruled a no contest and certainly if they happen in the 1st round if the fight.

While wrong, I can't blast the OP.

Even fighters believe this myth. Paul Daley once e-mailed me when I was doing fightfinder asking for one of his losses to get changed to a no contest because he injured his hand on his own.

Lol what an impressive Win. Holloway using injury tactics to get the title. Stfu. It was definitely a freak injury that ruined an ALREADY shit card

"Injury tactics"... That's how you win fights, you try to inflict damage to your opponent. I mean, it's fighting...

"Injury tactics"... That's how you win fights, you try to inflict damage to your opponent. I mean, it's fighting...

So he planned to injure Charles' neck by.... pushing him? Lol wut. It's not how you win fights, it's freak and fortunate occurrences that luckily go in your favor. I'm not saying Charles would have beaten him, but they barely even "fought"

So he planned to injure Charles' neck by.... pushing him? Lol wut. It's not how you win fights, it's freak and fortunate occurrences that luckily go in your favor. I'm not saying Charles would have beaten him, but they barely even "fought"

No, but that was a side effect of something he did.

No, but that was a side effect of something he did.

It is, but its a fortunate occurrence, and if he did it again, it probably wouldn't happen again. That was like a 1/1000 chance of happening the way it did.

Back