Doesn't random injury=NC?

It is, but its a fortunate occurrence, and if he did it again, it probably wouldn't happen again. That was like a 1/1000 chance of happening the way it did.

I don't even know what we're arguing about at this point.

Shogun having that bullshit loss to Coleman should answer your question.

They very clearly should be ruled a no contest and certainly if they happen in the 1st round if the fight.

Shogun's injury was a direct result of Coleman's takedown.

Shogun having that bullshit loss to Coleman should answer your question.

They very clearly should be ruled a no contest and certainly if they happen in the 1st round if the fight.

That was completely legit. Coleman didn't do anything illegal.

Lol what an impressive Win. Holloway using injury tactics to get the title. Stfu. It was definitely a freak injury that ruined an ALREADY shit card

Well aren't you a real dumbass

Pretty sure Holloway wasn't trying to injure anyone it just happens sometimes, go watch Machida get starched by Rockhold and cry yourself to sleep

You get injured outside the cage, you're looking at a no contest because there wasn't a contest to begin with.
You get injured inside the cage by a fully legal technique, your opponent beat you.

Same in MMA or any combat sport. Once the fight goes past a certain point (varies between organizations), if it wasn't your opponent's foul, and you can't continue, then you lose.

I do remember seeing one exception to that, but it was a BS call in my opinion. It was when Kevin Burns poked Rumble in the eye and was awarded a TKO victory when Rumble couldn't continue. I still to this day don't understand why the fight wasn't ruled NC. Would it have been the referee's call to make? (Mazzagatti)

Not in a greedy sport like this

When a win could = something major

I do remember seeing one exception to that, but it was a BS call in my opinion. It was when Kevin Burns poked Rumble in the eye and was awarded a TKO victory when Rumble couldn't continue. I still to this day don't understand why the fight wasn't ruled NC. Would it have been the referee's call to make? (Mazzagatti)

Rumble went to the ground in pain but the ref had not seen the eye poke so thought it was from a punch and called the fight.

Why in the hell would it be a NC

He got the injury because Holloway underhooked his arm and basically threw his whole weight on it, that is a W

Tore an eso****us with an underhook? Are you kidding?

Rumble went to the ground in pain but the ref had not seen the eye poke so thought it was from a punch and called the fight.
Yeah it was just bad reffing. If a foul isn't called, and the fight ends, it can't be called anything but a victory.

Mazz gonna Mazz.

Well aren't you a real dumbass

Pretty sure Holloway wasn't trying to injure anyone it just happens sometimes, go watch Machida get starched by Rockhold and cry yourself to sleep

I wasn't trying to say he was trying to injure anyone. Read the damn post I replied to. They are claiming that he's a genius for finding a way to win like this and glorifying him for this way of victory

Back