Does widespread gambling make it harder for can fights to exist?

Nizam al-Mulk

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If you just put someone out there to be beaten in a fight, everyone knows it will suck because the books give terrible odds where you cannot win anything betting the favorite decreasing the legitimacy of the fight.

At least i assume that is how it should go.

If you just put someone out there to be beaten in a fight, everyone knows it will suck because the books give terrible odds where you cannot win anything betting the favorite decreasing the legitimacy of the fight.

I opt for prop bets in that case, ie fight does not go the distance. Or, rarely pair them up in a 2-3 leg parlay.

Or sprinkle a tiny amount on the dog for fun.

But then once in a while a GSP-Serra or Ronda-Holm fight happens and that's when you make lots of money, tree fiddy to be exact

So you think promoters feed cans to good fighters and then bet on the good fighters hoping enough people won't also bet on the fight to make the odds worth gambling on?

So you think promoters feed cans to good fighters and then bet on the good fighters hoping enough people won't also bet on the fight to make the odds worth gambling on?
I was not thinkingg about the money of promoters at all, just the PR around can fights.

Back