Does Siver have a snowball's chance against McGregor?

I hope Siver knocks Conor out just to shut him the hell up and hopefully down the ranking to Bellator real soon.

Siver has one attempt at a spinning back kick before Conor clips him with a hard left. He better make it count.

Seeing both of Conor's last two finishes, I think Siver will get knocked out from a whiffed leg kick (and follow up punches to the forearm).

T.J. Dillashaw didn't have a snowball's chance in hell against Renan Barao.

T.J. Dillashaw didn't have a snowball's chance in hell against Renan Barao.

Lol don't make me laugh. McGregor is leaps and bounds ahead of Renan Barao. Siver stands no chance

I'm not into the Mcgregor hype at all but Siver has shown he struggles with longer taller strikers, Cerrone and Swanson both caught him. Plus he failed a drug test for post -steroid drugs so who knows what state his hormones are in. I don't like his odds.

If Conor is such a 'fake' and undeserving of a top 10 spot, much less a title shot, why are all the haters claiming that Siver is total a gimme? Get your confused story straight kids...

yeah, don't fuck around and believe the hype..i know that mc gregor is the favourite, and rightfully so, but don't act like its that much of a squash match

I imagine siver is gonna get kicked in the head, but he is too good of a fighter to not have a chance.

It's not like Siver is some guy they got from down the street. He has something like 18 fights in the UFC. Of course he has a shot.

But I predict he's gonna get KO'd in the first round because this is a bad match up for him. But if he can take Connor down he might be able to do something, he's top heavy.

I hope Siver knocks Conor out just to shut him the hell up and hopefully down the ranking to Bellator real soon.

Do you hate the UFC that much? Or MMA for that matter? Lol the sport needs guys like McGregor big time.. And more than Chael and Bisping he has the skill to back it up!

If Conor is such a 'fake' and undeserving of a top 10 spot, much less a title shot, why are all the haters claiming that Siver is total a gimme? Get your confused story straight kids...

truth

small - but he is not a top guy and they are fast tracking mchype to the belt so he wont fight anyone who will truly test him before the title shot.

The problem with Siver, and the back kick in general, is that it works against opponents defensively when they charge straight in, or offensively when they back straight up.

Connor McGregor has amazing footwork and moves laterally too well to be hit by a back kick. The only way I could see him landing it, is if he feigns injury and baits Connor to charge him.

Worst stylistic match-up for Connor will be Mendes. Even if you take his wrestling out of the picture. Mendes is able to give technical strikers fits because he rushes in and fights at close range, doesn't give you time to set-up counters, etc.

^ Very well said.

Yes. His grappling just continues to better and better. He's become noticeably more technical on the ground over the past two years, and, of course, his strength plays a big factor in this weight class. Striking-wise, he probably won't fair too well. For one, McGregor is just..... better. Too much fluidity and movement. Also, Siver hasn't faced a southpaw since the Fisher fight (several years ago). That's a big problem, IMO, especially when dealing with one as crafty and dynamic as McGregor.

Conor will probably finish this fight, but I have way too much respect for Dennis' skillset to say he has zero chance.

snowflake's chance.

hmm, wonder where that expression came from? Odd. Thanks though.

It came from physics. Snow tends to melt when it gets warm. It wouldn't stand much of a chance at remaining a snowball in a place as warm as hell.

I'm guessing English is not your first language?

I've heard of Siver. I haven't heard of the guys who beat Conor in the first round.

So yes, better chance than a snowball in hell. 10-15%

Back