Does Siver have a snowball's chance against McGregor?

Sivers spinning back kick is legit as hell. If he lands it he could finish the fight.

The problem with Siver, and the back kick in general, is that it works against opponents defensively when they charge straight in, or offensively when they back straight up.

Connor McGregor has amazing footwork and moves laterally too well to be hit by a back kick. The only way I could see him landing it, is if he feigns injury and baits Connor to charge him.

Worst stylistic match-up for Connor will be Mendes. Even if you take his wrestling out of the picture. Mendes is able to give technical strikers fits because he rushes in and fights at close range, doesn't give you time to set-up counters, etc.

I would go online and place a bet on the fight getting out of 1.5 rounds. That would be a better bet.
I use 5dimes.eu for mine.

I'm also suggesting a parlay, McGregor, hector Lombard, evan dunham.

I'm going to be placing a parlay as such. Cormier, Jury, Tavares. This will pay 6 to one odds.

Contor finishes fights. Siver has been a decision machine for years. That alone does not bode well for Siver. He has a chance, but the odds should be so heavily in Conor's favor that it would pay to bet $100 just to turn it into some decent money.

We don't really know how much of a threat Mick G is off of his back so I would say Siver should try to overpower him with a few takedowns and try to finish the fight with ground and pound, or maybe try to get him in an arm triangle choke. On the feet Siver is the slower of the two so he should try to use leg kicks to try and disable Connor's movement and then take him out with a body shot.

There's a better chance of Siver beating Conor than of Jones beating Cormier.

v9Mlqw.gif

+700

Siver a huge underdog.

+129

Cormier a slight oddsmakers underdog...

dc_zps2f4ca374.gif

Is this snowball in Hell or at the North Pole? We kinda need this info...

No, he doesn't.

Well, he actually does have about the same chances of winning as of you winning the lottery.

So if you want to bet, might has well buy a lottery ticket.

Siver's gassed in the past while grappling and has been finished by strikes several times. Can't gas vs Conor, he's got punching power.

yes. but it also feels like another tailor made opponent for McGregor's strengths. and in a sport where style v style is so important, tailor made opponents usually lose.

Siver stands between Conor and Aldo.

His head is coming off. Cleanly.

I hope at least a decent decision fight comes out of it. I'd like to see McGregor fight for a few rounds.

Back