Does Ronda panic judo as soon as she gets hit?

It's a fair question. She's taken a whole year off to hone her striking and head movement, so if she does get hit, it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that she doesn't panic judo. Instead, she remains calm and sticks to the game plan, which is to avoid as much damage as possible, stick and move, and when Amanda overcommits, Ronda clinches, judo throws, and sets up an armbar.
Haha you actually make it sound plausible that Ronda wins.

why do people ask questions that no one knows the answers to? Just make it a decleration. It doesnt make it any less true,but at least you dont sound like a toddler tugging at his daddies leg.
I've been thinking something similar to this a lot lately

LOL...

Employing a game plan to utilize your expertise, strengths, and familiarity is now classifed as " panic " ?

That is one of the stupidest posts of the year.

GSP panic wrestles ??? Holly panic boxes ??? Dana panic lies ???

bs2.gif

Also not impressive is Amanda not being able to make it past the 2nd round without gassing.

Agreed, if Ronda is smart she'll work patiently and let Amanda lose a little steam before attacking. But Edmond has probably convinced her that if she just attacks face first, she'll show the world that she can out strike Nunes.

I've seen Nunes get put on her back by much smaller, and much less talented grapplers than Ronda.
FFS she was almost finished by Valentina, if Rousey gets her down, she's done.
Black Belt in BJJ my ass, almost got finished by a kickboxer.

Agreed, if Ronda is smart she'll work patiently and let Amanda lose a little steam before attacking. But Edmond has probably convinced her that if she just attacks face first, she'll show the world that she can out strike Nunes.

I'll be disappointed if Ronda just charges ahead with her hands down and chin up. I expect some improvement in terms of striking defense.

According to the statistics Amanda doesn't punch from clinch.

Yea she goes limp armed and tries to run away. I don't see how that will help her against someone highly experienced in grappling.

I'll be disappointed if Ronda just charges ahead with her hands down and chin up. I expect some improvement in terms of striking defense.

I wonder if Edmond ever put the pads away and taught her how to control the fight with her movement. We see her shadow boxing and hitting pads but does she know how to move laterally, circle away from power, and control the distance? Those are the things I see missing from her striking game. I guess we'll find out tonight!

"As soon as she gets hit"? Presumably she'd do it before she gets hit. Any time she's in Nunes' preferred kickboxing range, she's in grave danger. That's how Miesha got wiped out, and how Baszler got chopped down with leg kicks. Nunes punches and kicks are thrown at full power but they come from a long way out. Rousey needs to press Nunes back against the fence, where Nunes can't kick or generate power and Rousey's short strikes set up the trip or throw. And use intelligent, relentless pressure - not enraged chasing like she did with Holm.

Last edited:
Back