Does Ronda panic judo as soon as she gets hit?

gmr7494

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
I think this is her best and only option. She's not going to win striking with Amanda.

Lol panic Judo sounds so much funnier than panic wrestle

why do people ask questions that no one knows the answers to? Just make it a decleration. It doesnt make it any less true,but at least you dont sound like a toddler tugging at his daddies leg.

168-6.gif

Lol panic Judo sounds so much funnier than panic wrestle
I get the image of her throwing her hip sideways, eyes closed, with hands above head level trying to grab an arm while getting punched in the face.

She´ll try to mole-butt her

No but Amanda will panic strike as soon as she gets clinched.

why do people ask questions that no one knows the answers to? Just make it a decleration. It doesnt make it any less true,but at least you dont sound like a toddler tugging at his daddies leg.
It's a fair question. She's taken a whole year off to hone her striking and head movement, so if she does get hit, it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that she doesn't panic judo. Instead, she remains calm and sticks to the game plan, which is to avoid as much damage as possible, stick and move, and when Amanda overcommits, Ronda clinches, judo throws, and sets up an armbar.

I think the term "panic wrestling" refers to people who don't normally wrestle try to wrestle when being outstruck.

So if ronda were to use judo it wouldn't really be panicking since that is her her bread and butter.

see what i am saying.

It's a fair question. She's taken a whole year off to hone her striking and head movement, so if she does get hit, it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility that she doesn't panic judo. Instead, she remains calm and sticks to the game plan, which is to avoid as much damage as possible, stick and move, and when Amanda overcommits, Ronda clinches, judo throws, and sets up an armbar.
She seems to take hits well. Taking as many as she took in the Holm fight without landing her own shots would fluster anyone. I just think that everything is up in the air right now,and i dont know what is going to happen,because of her mental state,and what she has been working on. She has the talent to win certainly,but how and will she? I dont know.Amanda def overcommits on her punches though,and sometimes puts herself off balance.

I think the term "panic wrestling" refers to people who don't normally wrestle try to wrestle when being outstruck.

So if ronda were to use judo it wouldn't really be panicking since that is her her bread and butter.

see what i am saying.

The way that Tim Kennedy panic wrestled to beat Romero was a thing of beauty. He just kept dragging him and dragging him into back and forth wrestling positions and grappling exchanges where free striking could really take place effectively. Tim wore him out completely. And I hate Kennedy, but that was impressive.

She seems to take hits well. Taking as many as she took in the Holm fight without landing her own shots would fluster anyone. I just think that everything is up in the air right now,and i dont know what is going to happen,because of her mental state,and what she has been working on. She has the talent to win certainly,but how and will she? I dont know.Amanda def overcommits on her punches though,and sometimes puts herself off balance.

It is a really hard fight to call with all things considered and Ronda's mental stability more than anything.

It is a really hard fight to call with all things considered and Ronda's mental stability more than anything.
Too many intangibles. We will see.

I can see this definitely happening. Ronda getting beaten up in the first round, yet manages to survive. Amanda tires in the second, overcommits on a shot, and Ronda clinches and throws an off balance Amanda. Once it's on the floor, I think Amanda survives, but all that activity defending will tire her. Round three is where a re-energized Ronda bullrushes in to a winded Amanda, judo throws again and finishes with a Russian armbar.

She cuts her post fight with Rogan short after calling out the winner of the 145 "belt" so she can claim to be wmma's only 2 belt holder, and doesn't give a jizzing Rogan a chance to say "it was an honor to call your fight once again."

Too many intangibles. We will see.

Does Ronda have a stronger chance to win by striking with Nunes?

OR

Does Nunes have a stronger chance by grappling with Ronda?

Kind of interesting when you think about it like that.

I can see this definitely happening. Ronda getting beaten up in the first round, yet manages to survive. Amanda tires in the second, overcommits on a shot, and Ronda clinches and throws an off balance Amanda. Once it's on the floor, I think Amanda survives, but all that activity defending will tire her. Round three is where a re-energized Ronda bullrushes in to a winded Amanda, judo throws again and finishes with a Russian armbar.
The thing is though is Ronda is not used to having a long drawn out fight. If she gets beat up in the first round she might not be too hot in the second. We saw her huffin and puffin in the holm fight cos all the missed punches but also cos shes not used to such painful resistance. She basically carried Tate comfortably to the 3rd round. All her other fights have been quick.

Her whole fight with Holly was panic judo. She was chasing her around with a judo in each hand and trying to judo the hell out of her. The more and more you watch that fight, the sadder it becomes, especially in the second round where she thinks she's doing beautifully; all because of Edmond.

Does Ronda have a stronger chance to win by striking with Nunes?

OR

Does Nunes have a stronger chance by grappling with Ronda?

Kind of interesting when you think about it like that.
It would seem to me that Nunes hits harder than tate and holm,but its a gamble to throw heat like that because if she doesnt stop Ronda quick or Ronda is evasive early on,she will leave herself open to being thrown and armbarred. What would be very interesting is if all this happens but Nunes is spry on the ground and can resist.

Back