Does Palhares broken foot take anything away from hectors win ?

If anything it adds to Lombards' victory...Palhares broke his foot kicking Lombards' shin! It's like saying: "Lombard has strong legs and now I can prove it" If anything it makes Lombard look even more scarier to face!

Considering it was after the first flurry and Palhares has a history of folding
I'd say it was only a matter of time, broken foot probably didn't help obviously
It's not like Palhares fought the entire fight on a broken foot though, he broke it right before the finish

Injuries barely matter to fans when the fighter comes in before the fight injured. What makes you thinks getting injured during the fight means anything? Actually, the only time it matters if you're injured during the fight is if you win the damn thing.

No. Palhares didn't really seem to have any gameplan against Hector. Or if he did have a gameplan he forgot it.

It's sad for Palhares, but it's definitely not a fight I am wanting to see a rematch of.

any injuries during a fight do not detract from a win. they are most likely caused by the opponent. Injuries before the fight may a little.

its not an excuse, but its unfortunet.

if anyone thinks a broken foot wont make a difference in a fight. you are

a.retarded
b. never trained, sparred or competed before.
c. retarded.
d. never been injured.
e. never played sports
f. probably a keyboard warrior or sherdog expert who actually thinks they know about combat but sit in front of a pc all day.

can you type, with broken fingers, or hands?
can you walk with a fractured knee,ankle,or foot.

so you dont think your foot will help if a massive aggressive lombard is coming your way?

idiots.

lombard won that fight fair and square. but theres alot of fools who think an injury is an excuse and wont make a difference.

these type of people arent real fans, just ekids who like cage fighting because the outside world wont play with them

Allright bro we get it, you train ufc

Palhares broke his foot by getting predictable and Lombard checking his kick. You can't take anything away from Lombard for that. That's like saying breaking your opponents rib with a well timed punch takes away from the victor

no it doesnt, Boestch also broke his foot vs Hector and still ''won''

:p

toco1.jpg

Hector win 10/10.

This is all part of the fight. If this had happened prior to the fight then we could argue that he wasn't 100%. However, if you kick and are timed on the check and break your foot, well, that is credit to the fighter that checked that kick. You can't just throw kicks recklessly at someone. They must be timed and placed properly.

I just rewatched the fight and it seemed as palhares broke his foot when 1.38 min was left in the fight. That was after the first flurry of punches from hector and it was palhares 6th inside leg kick. He got Ko'ed right after that kick though.. maybe 2 seconds after. Would Lombard have won anyway in the same fashion, or was the broken foot the deciding factor ?

I don't think it made a difference. It wasn't like he was standing on one foot When he got caught...he got KTFO... In highlite reel fashion... I didn't actually know he had a broken foot.

How can it take away from the win when he broke it fighting the guy who beat him?

No, it was still impressive. Of course, it may have gone differently if Palhares didn't hurt his foot, but it was still a bad match-up for him. I think Lombard would've eventually gotten the KO, or at least won a decision. He wasn't the passive fighter who fought Boetsch, and his judo/TDD could probably keep it standing.

That said, we still don't know how Lombard will do against a better striker with better defense, footwork, etc. It would be interesting to see him against a Bisping, Stann, Belfort, Belcher, etc.

Probably not. But the same people who say Lombard only lost against Boetsch becouse of the injury will say that in this fight it didnt matter.

No.

Palhares is kind of known for crumbling under striking pressure, so this was a perfect opponent for Hector.

lol wot?
if anyone has trained with an injury, they will know it makes a difference?

wtf is sherdog on about, hes not making excuses, he broke his freakin foot?

can you type with broken fingers?....

so you dont think a broke foot will make a difference to a fighter?
you have a smart man as your av, shame you have probably never trained to know what its like to fight, spar

If it doesn't stop from taking the fight, it doesn't excuse you from losing, this isn't a matter of experience, it's a matter of common sense

Back