Does Palhares broken foot take anything away from hectors win ?

As much as I like Toquinho, you take the fight it's all on you. No excuses.

This is all part of the fight. If this had happened prior to the fight then we could argue that he wasn't 100%. However, if you kick and are timed on the check and break your foot, well, that is credit to the fighter that checked that kick. You can't just throw kicks recklessly at someone. They must be timed and placed properly.

/Thread

Allright bro we get it, you train ufc

Palhares broke his foot by getting predictable and Lombard checking his kick. You can't take anything away from Lombard for that. That's like saying breaking your opponents rib with a well timed punch takes away from the victor

You'd be surprised. People were taking away from Cain's win because there was blood in Bigfoot's eye and from Bendo's performance because Nate's eye was damaged from a punch.

lol, he broke his foot because Lombard knows how to check a kick. It's like saying Sefo only lost against Hoost in K1 because he slammed his shin against Hoost's. Biatch, please.

Last edited:
Did Browne's injury take anything away from Bigfoot's win?

I can see how Palhares broke his foot off of Lombard's leg, I mean like fuck just look at his think legs. Crazy to think Bendo has similar leg structure and he's a 55er so thats crazy!

I think Lombard would have finished him regardless.

if he came into the fight w/ a broken foot thats one thing but breaking your foot on a checked leg kick is a diff. scenario IMO...getting hurt in the course of a fight is expected...

You'd be surprised. People were taking away from Cain's win because there was blood in Bigfoot's eye and from Bendo's performance because Nate's eye was damaged from a punch.

those are just blind nuthuggers giving useless excuses.

If the injury was caused by the other fighter, then there is no excuse.

does a brazilian ever not make an excuse for losing?

It was a very mad match up for him so I don't think it would have mattered. His manager making these fights should be fired.

Its a fight people get hurt and lose. Sometimes they manage to find a way to win. Almost a bad as well he was winning untill he broke a rib...

No. Palhares didn't really seem to have any gameplan against Hector. Or if he did have a gameplan he forgot it.

Palhares did have a gameplan. It went a little like this.

"Get in cage. Wait for ding ding. HEELHOOKHEELHOOKHEELHOOKHEELHOOKHEELHOOKHEELHOOK..."

My guess is that his foot got broken when Lombard checked a kick. That means that it was part of the damage done by him, does not take away at all, it does mean that a rematch might go differently, but I doubt it.

he broke his foot in the fight. so NO.
if he broke his jaw in the fight, are you gonna ask if his broken jaw takes anything away from the win?...

Since he wasn't exactly winning up until the foot-break I'd say it just sped up the inevitable. It's impossible to know what effect changing the past could have on the future, though.

It will take away from Lombard's win if you are a Lombard hater anyway, so the answer is yes for about seventy percent of Sherdog. But I don't think so at all.

Rousimar didn't break his foot on the Bud logo, so the win is legit. I'm just hoping that he doesn't pull a Fitch or Travis Browne and keep bringing up the injury as the reason for his loss in every interview.

he broke his foot on iron lombard so no, it doesnt

Back