Does Palhares broken foot take anything away from hectors win ?

Rousimar didn't break his foot on the Bud logo, so the win is legit. I'm just hoping that he doesn't pull a Fitch or Travis Browne and keep bringing up the injury as the reason for his loss in every interview.

Well, he said he was sick against Belcher and I haven't heard him bring that up since immediately after the fight. Doesn't seem like his style, not like Palhares is running around doing interviews every day anyway.

This is all part of the fight. If this had happened prior to the fight then we could argue that he wasn't 100%. However, if you kick and are timed on the check and break your foot, well, that is credit to the fighter that checked that kick. You can't just throw kicks recklessly at someone. They must be timed and placed properly.

Common sense right here.

Lombard also managed to break Boetsch's foot early in the second round by checking a leg kick. Apparently Lombard's opponents need to start setting up their leg kicks better or pay the price for it.

You will never know. As much as people like to pretend, its not about "the better fighter", its about who had the better night. So it was simply Hectors night.

That said, as much as I love Paul Harris, it really seemed like he had no answer to Hector when he went into berserker mode.

Maybe if he got it on the ground more, or was more aggressive with grappling, but the way that fight was going he was hopeless.

Does Palhares broken foot take anything away from Hectors win?

Yes! he walks away a loss.

Lombard beat him from start to finish.

Don't see things changing significantly either way.

You will never know. As much as people like to pretend, its not about "the better fighter", its about who had the better night. So it was simply Hectors night.

That said, as much as I love Paul Harris, it really seemed like he had no answer to Hector when he went into berserker mode.

Maybe if he got it on the ground more, or was more aggressive with grappling, but the way that fight was going he was hopeless.

So according to you Anderson Silva has great nights, and it has nothing to do with the fact that he is the better fighter?

wtf am i reading?

No, Palhares just doesn't react well to getting hit, Lombard is gonna hit you. I would pick Lombard in a rematch in a heartbeat.

Does Palhares broken foot take anything away from Hectors win?

Yes! he walks away a loss.

trees-ba-dum-tss.jpg

Lombard BROKE Palhares foot. Lombard deserves 100% credit OF COURSE.

The broken foot was Lombard merit, Palhares broke his foot because Lombard checked it.

Yep just like when shogun broke his arm. Planting your arm during a takedown is known to cause it to break. The same with checking leg kicks.

Hmm...Interesting, hopefully we don't have another Bigfoot/Browne fiasco.

its not an excuse, but its unfortunet.

if anyone thinks a broken foot wont make a difference in a fight. you are

a.retarded
b. never trained, sparred or competed before.
c. retarded.
d. never been injured.
e. never played sports
f. probably a keyboard warrior or sherdog expert who actually thinks they know about combat but sit in front of a pc all day.

can you type, with broken fingers, or hands?
can you walk with a fractured knee,ankle,or foot.

so you dont think your foot will help if a massive aggressive lombard is coming your way?

idiots.

lombard won that fight fair and square. but theres alot of fools who think an injury is an excuse and wont make a difference.

these type of people arent real fans, just ekids who like cage fighting because the outside world wont play with them

last time i checked the foot bone wasnt connected to teh chin bone. which is the bone lombard decided to unleash his fury on.

last time i checked the foot bone wasnt connected to teh chin bone. which is the bone lombard decided to unleash his fury on.

Having a healthy foot helps moving better. Which helps avoiding punches better.

When Lombard won, I said nobody can tell what Lombard is capable to do in the UFC, since Paul did nothing. Now, it's even worse, because we don't know what Paul could have done if his foot was ok. He might fuck up in the same way. But maybe he could do better, who knows?

It's all about speculation now. Just like before they fought.

Tim Boetsch broke his foot in the first round. He still beat him.

Back