Does Leon Have A Chance Against Islam?

Leon would smoke Makhachev.

If you cant hold down Poirier you sure as hell cant hold down a man twice his size, with a better getup game, athleticism, and footwork.

Has Islam struggled with his gas tank before?

He did look tired in the first Volk fight.

How often do you see him on his back in a fight?

ezgif-com-optimize-13.gif

First of all brilliant fight tonight! Respect to both warriors.

Leon is a phenomenal striker but Islam is too, the difference I think is that Leon can bring a wider variety of strikes to the fight.

However I do notice that kicking at Islam is a very big risk due to the threat of the kick being caught and then that leading to a takedown.

Another thing is that Leon has drastically improved his grappling over the years even being able to take Usman and Covington down.

However both Usman and Covington aren’t submission threats the way Islam is. Both don’t really hunt for submissions they just kinda grind you out and establish dominant positions. Conversely Islam is a master of submissions and just proven tonight you have to be on your A-game when on the ground with him.

I feel like this is a tricky fight to call and naturally will come down to if Leon can defeat a much improved Belal.

What do you guys think?

Personally I’m leaning slightly towards Leon but I of course could be wrong.
Leon probably destroys him. If Dustin being several inches shorter than him gave Islam a hard time and was able to stomach a lot of Islam’s takedowns, he’s gonna struggle big time with someone like Leon.

Yes Leon is about 185 walking around and Islam is 200 pounds according to DC

Leon is a good striker, but he always shoots for takedowns on wrestlers gets it then loses the position and ends up getting controlled he shouldn’t do that against someone like Islam or Shavkat

Watch Islam go up, lose a close decision, then get headkick ko’d in the rematch. Time is a circle, you will see.

This fight will go into the 4th round, and either Islam is getting KO’d, or Leon is getting submitted. Islam gets sloppier with his striking defense later, and we all witnessed Colby take down Leon in the 5th and keep him down. Islam would finish Leon in that situation…

Wouldn’t bet on this one…

I think it’s gonna be pretty dominant vs Belal.

I also think Islam will handle Arman without too much trouble
It's always easy to just pick the champions to continue winning.

I'll bet if those two fights happen, someone will lose a belt. Both Belal and Arman are legit title contenders.. (unlike Dustin and Colby who got title shots because of name value and not consistent active good wins).

Hell neither Islam or Edwards have actually defended against a legit rising contender.

leon's takedown defense is very underrated. I'd favor Leon. but I think it could go either way

People still sleeping on Leon Scott.

He ain't no chump, I see him UDing Islam or catching him with something on the feet.
He's a big lad and he's not really prone to getting grapple-fucked. Likewise, he ain't reckless on the feet and is prepared to play it safe.

With that in mind, there's not really a clear copy & paste route to victory vs him.

Tough fight, especially given Leon's size advantage.

Leon is a phenomenal striker but Islam is too, the difference I think is that Leon can bring a wider variety of strikes to the fight.
The difference is Leon is larger and that matters in wrestling. Leon's skills to defend TDs would IMO be = or > Dustin's and Volk's. Now add the part where Leon is a true WW not a LW or FW. Leon is also most certainly a better striker then Volk or Dustin.

You thread title poses the wrong question. It should read "Does Islam stand a chance against Leon."

Yes... But the toughest match for Islam would be Shavkat. Shavkat should get the title shot before Islam for sure...

50/50 fight Mak should be a beast at ww he's well rounded asf

that's what Leon's last fight ended like too

yeah, this is merely a "whataboutism."

The guy I was replying to asked specifically if makhachev had struggled with his gas tank. No one was talking about Edwards.

yeah, this is merely a "whataboutism."

The guy I was replying to asked specifically if makhachev had struggled with his gas tank. No one was talking about Edwards.
lol sure thing bud

what is the name of this thread? "nobody talking about edwards" lol yeah exactly.

Leon is a terrible match up for Islam. I'd favour him.

Back