Does it seem like the UFC stopped protecting Conor's image and are distancing themselves?

TheLastStyleBender

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
gonna list some things I noticed recently

- Dana saying he's not the man, Khabib is
- Dana shooting down Conor's plea for an Edgar fight making it seem like a pathetic request
- Mainstream US press reporting all the negative things going on behind the scenes with him

As someone who has become less and less of a fan overtime I have followed his career closely. He was almost untouchable before and now it's like they are throwing him to the wolves.

It does seem that way.

Maybe the UFC thinks the rape allegations are credible? Plus punching an octogenarian for no good reason.

If his behavior threatens to bring the company into disrepute they will scorch earth him.

Last edited:
I think conor is done in a year or two at most. He doesn't fight anymore he just talks about it

ZUFFA Bail Bonds coming soon...

well of course. and conor should have known this long ago. his window of power was very small, and he took advantage, and made millions. conor should have figured out that his power goes away with his fighting ability. once conor was no longer the unbeatable guy, he became another normal fighter. something he hasn't seemed to have accepted just yet.

yeah, a more subtle way of doing that is they also started using footage of him getting beat up to promote other fighters, they used to not do that to protect Ronda & Conor.

I think WME was pulling the strings with the media before and now the checks stopped clearing. There is suddenly a splurge of news surfacing about him from not only recent events, but years ago as well, and from places like MSN, ESPN, and the NY Times.

I think Conor will be involved in 1 more mega fight, get crushed and be a side show for the rest of time. It’s such a shame, I really didn’t think he was going to buy into his own hype like he has.

Well after punching an old man, and raping two different women you start to become a bit of a liability for your employer

Well after punching an old man, and raping two different women you start to become a bit of a liability for your employer
What did those girls expect by leaving the kitchen and going out in public at night? That's like jumping into a crocodile pen and complaining when one of them bites you

Seeing as he’s been accused x2 for rape and hitting old men.

yeah why not distance yourself from such peasants.

Definitely a calculated effort on their part. Even if he is vindicated of these sex charges, the media will probably destroy what remains of his credibility. But this is fighting, and the UFC has no qualms giving a platform to woman beaters, coke heads, cheats, and other sociopaths. I'm not going to go as far as to say his career is done.

Definitely a calculated effort on their part. Even if he is vindicated of these sex charges, the media will probably destroy what remains of his credibility. But this is fighting, and the UFC has no qualms giving a platform to woman beaters, coke heads, cheats, and other sociopaths. I'm not going to go as far as to say his career is done.
He's only 30 and has years to make a hypothetical comeback but I think the game is passing him by.

raping women tends to make your employer want to put some distance from you.

His "image" is that he talks and can't back it up. Folds under pressure and doesn't accept responsibility for his shortcomings. Attacks old men in bars and has multiple rape allegations. What's to protect?

Back