Does it bother you when fighters fight in lower weight classes even though they're too big?

No everyone is trying to gain a competitive edge, at least they aren't taking PEDS and giving clean fighters brain damage!

Doesn't bother me

The bigger/stronger guys doesn't always win or there would be no reason to fight

It bothers me more the short guys that doesn’t even try to cut. I send my biggest respect for the biggest cutters.

I don’t think it bothers me, but I would be all for making competitors being closer to each other’s fight weight, preferably without weight cutting.

Make the weight, why would it even be a question?

Don't make the weight, its a different story.

If fighters are dumb enough to destroy their bodies with drastic weight cuts and then suffer in ring as a result, that's their choice.

How would that work?
I don't have a good answer I'm afraid.

My best proposal is to do a range.

Like for WW 185cm would be the upper limit.

So if you are above 185, you need to eat more steaks and go to MW. For MW would be 190, for 205 195cm.. and so on.

And then you have dudes like Nate who could never be as heavy...

There's no scenario where everyone is satisfied.

But my point is, why should Nate be in advantage at LW over height, when he could be at disadvantage at MW over weight.

Why not sacrifice the few cases like Nate Diaz in order to get a more balanced sport.

I don't have a good answer I'm afraid.

My best proposal is to do a range.

Like for WW 185cm would be the upper limit.

So if you are above 185, you need to eat more steaks and go to MW. For MW would be 190, for 205 195cm.. and so on.

And then you have dudes like Nate who could never be as heavy...

There's no scenario where everyone is satisfied.

But my point is, why should Nate be in advantage at LW over height, when he could be at disadvantage at MW over weight.

Why not sacrifice the few cases like Nate Diaz in order to get a more balanced sport.

How would it work for guys like Igor Vovchanchyn & Mark Hunt at Heavyweight would they have to go down?

Only the ones where you’re just wanting the guy to make the weight so the fight stays on, these guys are the ones I dislike

In the case of Till it does because he misses weight.

Yup. Think it's one of the shittiest aspects of the sport. Loathe extreme weight cutters.

It says more about them then it does anyone. No one enjoys cutting weight. No one. There’s a reason they do and it rarely involves avoiding teammates.

Yes.

Darren should be at MW.

Eventually he'll learn that cutting so much weight is no good for his career, or his brain.
Once he gets kod by Woodley he will understand why fighters avoid the real drastic weight cuts. Soon he will be hanging out with thatch if he doesn’t move up.

Yes I dont like it. Like Till, bragging about being the biggest guy and playing the system, just to NOT make weight 2 fights after that. Cheap and unprofessional.

Till next to wonderboy didnt look giant but next to woodley dude is way to be for 170.

It bothers me yeah.
I hate it when someone misses weight and are rewarded for it ( till, romero and the most jarring Dern's case).
What's worse is that is not even so clear that the weight and height advantage at fight day justify the insane weightcuts going on performance-wise

this is the money era.

we dont give a shiiit

dont mind it 1 bit- i wish there were only 2 divisions- over 200, and under 200.

Back