Does it bother you when fighters fight in lower weight classes even though they're too big?

Considering 99.9% of them fight at the lowest weight class they can go without hurting (too much) themselves im ok with it (when they actually make weight), if anything is the UFC who should follow the ONE FC route and actually do something to stop it, i dont mind everyone being moved one or two divisions up, it might end up being interesting for champions being "two division" champs when they are actually fighting the same people, just not cutting the weight.

No. I try not to get bothered by things I have no power over and couldn't change no matter how hard I try. Caring about some thing I have no power to change whatsoever sounds like one of the biggest wastes of time I can think of.

Can't stand the concept and spectacle around weigh cuts and weigh ins.

Funny that some of the people who dislike it, probably jerked off to Colin as a featherweight.

make weight and all is fine. that's all.

Yes! I have always had a much bigger issue with huge weight cuts than peds. LHW is topped with HWs cutting huge amounts weight. DC was bigger than Stipe. It is an unfair advantage, And it should be stopped.

No. as long as they can do it without missing weight I consider it a skill as valuable as boxing or wrestling.

For example: Till fighting at WW even though he's really a LHW. Or James Vick being a 6'3 LW.

I personally can't stand guy's who do that, it's the way of the coward, fighting guys who are smaller then you, that's why I have respect for people like frankie edgar, DC, ect ect, those guys are small for their weight class, yet they beat guys who out weight them and had longer reaches, if you want to prove yourself fight someone of equal or greater size, it's all semantics anyway, you'll guys who weigh in at one weight, come fight night they'll be way bigger, I remember seeing a video of Michael chandler weighing in at 155 pounds, 7-8 hours later he steps on the scale and he's over 180 pounds, what demon sorcery did he use?

Last edited:
nope, weight cutting is part of the sport. Most fighters that miss can easily attribute the miss to laziness in ether diet or training or some other outside factor, not “being too big”. these athletes should know their body well enough to make the correct weight, manipulating body mass both muscle and fat and water isn’t too difficult for a “professional”. those that you consider “too big” can easily stop lifting for a month to reduce muscle, start the cut a week earlier, or simply in Hendricks case just stop being a fat asshole. I 100% weight issues with lack of discipline because when there’s a will there’s a way

Contrary to popular belief, the scale doesn't play favorites.

Absolutely not. Weight cutting is extremely hard on the body and often affects cardio. If they make weight, then there is no such thing as too big.

Ps: fuck Rogan and his minions who suddenly make weight cutting a sin

It bothers me when someone does it and people call the goat. Goat doesnt need to kill thier body to gain an advantage.

if they make the weight limit

no

I don't like it, they're scared to fight guys their own size. Khabib is a perfect example, he's missed weight and almost died trying to make 155lbs but he'd still rather be at 155 than fight a guy his own size.

Fighters have to do what's best for them. Maybe the division that the fighter is avoiding is a shark tank...

(Still don't understand what Rumble fought at 170 when he only lost to Cormier at 205..he could have been a force at that division)

If they make weight, they are NOT "too big", SMH. I swear sometimes ii's just TOO easy to see why the term "shertarded" was coined years ago.

Not at all. I do find it lame however, when fans pretend like these big weight cutters don't have a significant size advantage over the average sized guys.

I repeat: I don't have a problem with fighters going to extremes to get that edge - just don't tell me that there is no size advantage when it's clear as day that there is.

yeah conor fought guy three times his size and still won.

Back