Does Daniel Cormier beat Jon Jones if they fought at HW?

Does Daniel Cormier beat Jon Jones if they fought at HW?

• Total voters
So your idea for DC to finally beat Jones is to have them fight in 2011-2013 back when Jon was brutally finishing everybody?

Do you have a death wish for DC or something?

That version of Jones while DC is fatter.

Not to mention, Jones actually has a chin.

The only thing they're clinging to is DC looked good at HW. Against Josh Barnett who had been popped for PED's and was probably clean and a shell of his former self, and Jeff Monson.

Oh and Bigfoot. Who went 3-12-1 after he lost to DC.
Oh and Mir, who went 3-6 after losing to DC.
Oh and Nelson, who went 5-11 after losing to DC.

The answer is unequivocally no. Jones was finishing much higher level of competition in consecutive fights in the UFC while DC was beating has beens.

DC is huge in 2/3 dimensions. Look at him from the side. He is only lacking height so yes it's believable. It's just hard to understand when you only ever see height along with one of the other 2 dimensions.

These guys like Yushin Okami who look really large framed but don't weigh that much are often narrow from the side.

405_Daniel_Cormier_and_Jon_Jones.0.jpg

"DC is huge in 2/3 dimensions, just not height!"

Yes, that is true for every average height or short height obese and morbidly obese person. They're big around. Lol. I think I understand what you're getting at but being fatter isn't helpful when you lose to someone due to being slower and shorter. Imho, anyway.

DC is huge in 2/3 dimensions. Look at him from the side. He is only lacking height so yes it's believable. It's just hard to understand when you only ever see height along with one of the other 2 dimensions.

These guys like Yushin Okami who look really large framed but don't weigh that much are often narrow from the side.

405_Daniel_Cormier_and_Jon_Jones.0.jpg

You might have been one of the people!!

I'm sorry for only perceiving the 3 dimensions that exist IRL and not being able to see through the fabric of space time that DC is big boned.

The only thing they're clinging to is DC looked good at HW. Against Josh Barnett who had been popped for PED's and was probably clean and a shell of his former self, and Jeff Monson.

Barnett was 9-1 in his last 10 with his last loss coming to Big Nog.

Youre not very good at this, fanboy.

The worst version of Jones beats the best version of DC.

Nah. Jones beat DC for very specific reasons.

- length
- height
- speed
- controlling distance / engagements

DC doesn't get better when he gets fatter. he just faces lesser competition. Jones finishes him even faster when he's fatter.

Those fights were at LHW where DC drained himself to make weight. A whole different set of metrics would come into play at HW and 3 to 5 years earlier.

Not to mention the fact that Jon wanted no part of DC at HW, which is quite telling.

Last edited:
If you read my first post in this thread you'll see I already said Jones is a difficult match up for DC at any weight.

With that said he was still a beneficiary of the weight cut DC had to do to get down to LHW.

The guy had kidney failure from weight cuts and Jon Jones fanboys want to pretend that it didn't play a role in those fights.

Jon Jones was so juiced up in these fights that he was still "pulsing" 4 years later.
DC had kidney failure in his wrestling days from cutting weight improperly. Cutting weight is a two step process. 1) Dieting in the months before a fight and 2) The water weight cut the week of the fight. What DC would do is neglect step 1 and try to cut an unhealthy amount of water weight.

DC is not a natural heavyweight, he just has a shitty diet and no self control. The guy likes to eat. The only disadvantage he had against Jones was of his own making. To the extent he had difficult weight cuts it was because he couldn't reign in his diet. He was not a better fighter at heavyweight, in fact his cardio was piss poor there. Maybe it was because of age, but it could also be because of all that extra fat. 205 at least forced him to keep his weight manageable. Look at him now. He's a balloon and will probably die young of a heart condition.

HW D.C. vs Jones in his 205 frame? D.C.

HW D.C. vs Jones when he won the HW title? Jones

DC had kidney failure in his wrestling days from cutting weight improperly. Cutting weight is a two step process. 1) Dieting in the months before a fight and 2) The water weight cut the week of the fight. What DC would do is neglect step 1 and try to cut an unhealthy amount of water weight.

DC is not a natural heavyweight, he just has a shitty diet and no self control. The guy likes to eat. The only disadvantage he had against Jones was of his own making. To the extent he had difficult weight cuts it was because he couldn't reign in his diet. He was not a better fighter at heavyweight, in fact his cardio was piss poor there. Maybe it was because of age, but it could also be because of all that extra fat. 205 at least forced him to keep his weight manageable. Look at him now. He's a balloon and will probably die young of a heart condition.

I think you're spinning everything to favor your narrative that DC wasn't better at HW. His cardio began to suffer when he was in his late 30s and at 40 years old. He went 5 hard rounds with Barnett no problem.

It's amazing how you have to explain to someone that a 37 year old guy who cuts weight will be negatively affected by the weight cut.

I've been around combat sports my whole life. Cornered fighters in amateur and pro MMA fights. Helped them prepare and cut the weight. Helped them make it to the weigh in. I've seen enough to know this is a significant challenge for fighters and fighters who don't have to go through this process perform better.

I'm not even saying it's a given that DC would beat Jones at HW. Jones is a bad match up for him at any weight. With that said I've seen enough to know that a 34 year old DC was a better fighter at HW than he was at LHW.

The only people who can't accept this basic fact are Jon Jones fanboys.

I think you're spinning everything to favor your narrative that DC wasn't better at HW. His cardio began to suffer when he was in his late 30s and at 40 years old. He went 5 hard rounds with Barnett no problem.

It's amazing how you have to explain to someone that a 37 year old guy who cuts weight will be negatively affected by the weight cut.
The light heavyweight division is filled with guys in their late 30s who are naturally bigger than DC. 37 is practically the mean age.

I've been around combat sports my whole life. Cornered fighters in amateur and pro MMA fights. Helped them prepare and cut the weight. Helped them make it to the weigh in. I've seen enough to know this is a significant challenge for fighters and fighters who don't have to go through this process perform better.
Then you understand how important getting in shape before the water weight cut is.

I'm not even saying it's a given that DC would beat Jones at HW. Jones is a bad match up for him at any weight. With that said I've seen enough to know that a 34 year old DC was a better fighter at HW than he was at LHW.
The age is the relevant part here, not the weight. DC is not a natural heavyweight. He's a 5'9 fat guy. If he was better at 34 it's because he was 34, not because of cutting weight.

The only people who can't accept this basic fact are Jon Jones fanboys.
I am definitely not a Jones fanboy. Check my post history. But regardless of how I feel about Jones I will never make excuses for fat people who can't control what they eat and exercise portion control.

DC is physically capable of getting into shape and making the weight. If he had any bad weight cuts at 205 that's entirely on him.

If stipe could land on DC belly with hooks, it would be even easier for Jon to soften him up with teeps. Jon is one of if not the best mma fighter when it comes to using the reach advantage.

If stipe could land on DC belly with hooks, it would be even easier for Jon to soften him up with teeps. Jon is one of if not the best mma fighter when it comes to using the reach advantage.
I do find it fascinating that Jones realized DC had a weakness to body shots and therefore also a tendency to over protect his body.

So instead of trying to land a good body shot on DC, like Mir, Silva, and Stipe did, Jon instead made DC protect his body and leave his head wide open for a head kick to take him out with that instead.

Just brilliant stuff.

Jons literally said DC at HW would be a bigger challenge.... what are you Jones garggler whining about?

I do find it fascinating that Jones realized DC had a weakness to body shots and therefore also a tendency to over protect his body.

So instead of trying to land a good body shot on DC, like Mir, Silva, and Stipe did, Jon instead made DC protect his body and leave his head wide open for a head kick to take him out with that instead.

Just brilliant stuff.
Yep I picture this fight unfolding just like that. Jon pokes his belly. DC starts prioritizing body defense and eventually Jon sets him up to get kicked in the head again. DC knows this but he won't be able to stop it because those body shots hurt and covering his body will be a reflex he can't help.

DC had kidney failure trying to make 184 in the Olympics.....

Nope. DC had kidney failure making the 2011.5 lbs division in the Olympics, nowhere near the 184lbs division he'd wrestled in college 7 years earlier.

It was 24 hours earlier that Cormier was weighing in for his matchup at the 2008 Olympic games in Beijing where he was required to hit the mark of 211.5 pounds (96 kilograms) to compete in his weight division the next day.

He was competing 27.5lbs over what he'd once been wrestling at.

The guy's just fat.

Nope. DC had kidney failure making the 2011.5 lbs division in the Olympics, nowhere near the 184lbs division he'd wrestled in college 7 years earlier.

He was competing 27.5lbs over what he'd once been wrestling at.

The guy's just fat.
Damn

70/30 Jones at their prime.

"DC is huge in 2/3 dimensions, just not height!"

Yes, that is true for every average height or short height obese and morbidly obese person. They're big around. Lol. I think I understand what you're getting at but being fatter isn't helpful when you lose to someone due to being slower and shorter. Imho, anyway.

In that pic, iit's very evident that Cormier is naturally very thick and wide. It's pretty retarded to think those dimension are because of "fat", including the torax. He has a very thick and wide build, regardless of his diet.

The opposite of Yushin Okami, who was very thin/narrow in the waist, and was always below average sized at MW but sherbros thought he was huuuuuge because they are sherbros, hence very retarded.

Back