Does Dana dislike Jones?

I don't think Dana outright dislikes Jones, but I think he's somewhat ambivalent towards Jones.

He likes Jones because Jones has the credentials of a superstar. He's marketable for the UFC in terms of his victories (essentially undefeated, ran through competition, looks like an athlete). However, he's also an embarrassment to the UFC in some regards. With that said, "any press is good press," and the more controversial that Jones is, the more popular he is for the UFC - regardless if you love him or hate him (and there's many on both sides), he gets the UFC name out there.

Jones has failed to become who they thought he would be. He's not that well liked, RELATIVE to his success. It's his hypocrisy in character and personality (not simply being "fake") that turn off so many people. Dana knows this, and so he's fine with throwing Jones under the bus (putting full blame on Jones for the 151-cancellation) because he's giving a large portion of fans what they want to hear. If Dana backed Jones completely, he'd be alienating a large base of MMA fans who dislike Jones.

Is Jones an excellent and effective fighter? Absolutely. His resume is unarguable, even if some of his opponents were smaller or not at their peak - nobody's resume is full of all opponents at their peak.

Is Jones likely a hypocrite? Yes. His actions often contradict the persona he attempts to portray. He's not the only hypocritical fighter, but his hypocrisy makes his success all that more distasteful. However, is his hypocritical character relevant to his success in fighting? It certainly doesn't have to be, but for many, it is.

Is Jones a bit of a PR clusterf***? Yes. He often does and says boneheaded things, sticks his foot in his mouth, etc...that's still press for the UFC, but Dana knows that sometimes throwing Jones under the bus gets people going more than if he were to back Jones completely.

Bottom line: If Pettis, McGregor, Machida or Overeem had Jones's resume of success, I think Dana would be much happier with them as the face of the UFC.

It seems to me that every time I hear DW talk about Jon Jones he has a disinterested and dismissive tone. DW is always quick to enthusiastically call every other fighter the best p4p in the world yet when he has to say it about Jones it's almost as if he's doing it against his will. Maybe I'm just reading into it to much, but Dana just doesn't seem to be too excited about Jon Jones. Any other president would be happy to have an athlete and competitor of the caliber of Jones but when I hear DW talk about him it's like he couldn't care less whether jones stays or leaves. Remember how crazy Dana use to go over Anderson when talking about him, almost as if he was having an orgasm? I hear none of the same enthusiasm when he talks about Jones.

I also have the sneaking suspicion he wanted JJ to lose this fight to DC. His body language after the decision was read and while putting on the title around Jones waist was the opposite of joy.

I think there were two guys devastated by last nights outcome, not just DC
http://s1378.photobucket.com/compon...h113/Macalpinerules/imagejpg1_zps7cebfae8.jpg

jones puts himself before the ufc, and dana hates that.

Breaking News: Jon Jones Tests Positive For Cocaine, Enters Drug Rehab

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Breaking-News-Jon-Jones-Tests-Positive-For-Cocaine-Enters-Drug-Rehab-79869

quote-now-you-know-the-rest-of-the-story-paul-harvey-80639.jpg

Back