Does Dana dislike Jones?

Macalpinerules

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It seems to me that every time I hear DW talk about Jon Jones he has a disinterested and dismissive tone. DW is always quick to enthusiastically call every other fighter the best p4p in the world yet when he has to say it about Jones it's almost as if he's doing it against his will. Maybe I'm just reading into it to much, but Dana just doesn't seem to be too excited about Jon Jones. Any other president would be happy to have an athlete and competitor of the caliber of Jones but when I hear DW talk about him it's like he couldn't care less whether jones stays or leaves. Remember how crazy Dana use to go over Anderson when talking about him, almost as if he was having an orgasm? I hear none of the same enthusiasm when he talks about Jones.

I also have the sneaking suspicion he wanted JJ to lose this fight to DC. His body language after the decision was read and while putting on the title around Jones waist was the opposite of joy.

I think there were two guys devastated by last nights outcome, not just DC
http://s1378.photobucket.com/compon...h113/Macalpinerules/imagejpg1_zps7cebfae8.jpg

why hate on his own cash cow? Lots to be milked still.

What difference does it make? Not everyone is interested in being Dana White's lapdog. WE already know Jones is his own man. He wants what he earns. He is not interested in kissing DW behind for anything.

I don't know man. I thought Dana looked stoked after Jones won. When he was putting the belt on him, he had that typical Dana "Wow bro, sick fucking fight. You're a fucking warrior" face on and it looked authentic.

Remember Dana wants what is good for tickets and business in general. He absolutely hated JDS beating Cain not because he dislikes JDS but because after all that hype about the two greatest heavyweights going at it and how they stacked up against one another and how competitive it would be, Cain was out in a minute without having landed anything in the way of meaningful audience. It looked bad just as UFC was trying to set the tone for Fox.

With Jones and Cormier, if he wanted Cormier to win it may very well have been out of desire for the rematch as he'd anticipate another huge buyrate.

It won't matter until jones lost decisicely then dana gonna shit on him but it is probably not gonna happen for a loooong time.

Dominant champs are great for business. Dana loves Jones

He has mixed feelings about him it seems. Makes sense to want one of their stars to keep winning, but Jones is less willing to put up with Dana's crap and is in a position he can say "no" that irritates Dana. Dana is used to bullying his fighters.

At this point what can Dana do to him? Trash talk him in hopes of turning the fans against him? He already did that.

Jones seems to be the only fighter who doesn't give a rats ass what Dana White thinks towards him. You can see it in Jones aura and body language.

ufc 151. and Jones' hasn't had great PPV numbers until recently

I was thinking the same sort of thing. He used to have a raging hard on for Jones, not he seems reluctant to talk about him.

I definitely felt some "fuck you" vibes at the press conference. Jones went on a tangent about his training and Jacksons MMA and DW made a snarky comment. You could see Jones react like "WTF do you want from me".

ufc 151. and Jones' hasn't had great PPV numbers until recently

UFC really need to start investing in there champs and promote them better. Not just JJ, but Aldo, Mighty Mouse, etc. I used to blame MM for being "boring" but he's got twice the amount of personality as Manny Pacquiao. I see no reason why DJ can't be UFC next big draw. They should do some champ focused embedded eps. Get The likes of DJ, Aldo, Weidman in the Reebok campaigns, not just Ronda and JJ.

There is love&hate . Love for incomes, hate for millions he need to share with him.

Dana is a straight fight fan despite his crazy persona he is a legitimately fight fan.

He went crazy for silva cuz every time silva was in the cage he left you in awww.

As for Jones he just wins its never pretty or smooth just him doing whatever he has to do to win.

Jones has said it himself he's not in the cage to please fans.

Jones is a helluva opportunist but not so much an entertainer.

Dana Ufc either want the good looking marketable guys like gsp or the superb skill and power of a dynamic Silva. Jones has niether of those attributes.

Jones, being as dominant as he is, isn't popular. Nobody likes him, he's my the type of personality you want as the face of your franchise.

check out the ariel interview with jones last week. it's quite obvious that him and dana arent best friends.

He has mixed feelings about him it seems. Makes sense to want one of their stars to keep winning, but Jones is less willing to put up with Dana's crap and is in a position he can say "no" that irritates Dana. Dana is used to bullying his fighters.

I agree with this. Jones is one of the few fighters that has openly criticized how he's been treated in the UFC without Dana throwning him under the bus.

Jones better keep winning though because if things start going bad for him career-wise Dana will pounce on him... vindictive as he is.

Back