Does Dana dislike Jones?

Only if they are popular and Jones is not especially popular.

I don't buy into this... the sport itself is simply less popular now; and it is all about matchups. No one had faith in Gus (going into it the first time) or Glover going into those fights; and Chael + Vitor are a weight class beneath Jones.

Given Jones dominance at the beginning, he was just given a group of fighters that nobody thought had a chance. Combine that with it being at the time GSP and Anderson retired and an increase of cards took place everyones numbers are down. Weidman had good numbers but he had exciting matchups, Weidman vs Jacare is NOT going to sell.

Jones vs DC sold by new standards
Jones vs Gus rematch will sell by new standards
Jones vs Rumble they would even be able to sell better than Gus 1 or Glover.

Jones is the biggest draw the UFC has right now in my opinion he just got unmarketable matchups and weaker supporting cast on his cards than the other champs.

Dana is scared Jones will leave him.

I don't buy into this... the sport itself is simply less popular now; and it is all about matchups. No one had faith in Gus (going into it the first time) or Glover going into those fights; and Chael + Vitor are a weight class beneath Jones.

Given Jones dominance at the beginning, he was just given a group of fighters that nobody thought had a chance. Combine that with it being at the time GSP and Anderson retired and an increase of cards took place everyones numbers are down. Weidman had good numbers but he had exciting matchups, Weidman vs Jacare is NOT going to sell.

Jones vs DC sold by new standards
Jones vs Gus rematch will sell by new standards
Jones vs Rumble they would even be able to sell better than Gus 1 or Glover.

Jones is the biggest draw the UFC has right now in my opinion he just got unmarketable matchups and weaker supporting cast on his cards than the other champs.
You might think so but so far but I've yet to see any numbers to back it up.

Wouldn't surprise me, there is no reason to like Jones in the first place.

You might think so but so far but I've yet to see any numbers to back it up.

Who is bigger? You can say Weidman, but he was living off Andersons legendary status plus was combined with the heavily marketed Ronda.

So I disagree, but i'll move on for arguments sake and say Weidman is bigger; who else is a bigger draw currently in the UFC?

Honestly, I don't see any bitterness there.

LimpDependentArgali.gif

Dana doesn't like any guy getting chummy with Rousey.

lol when was that, were is the original video ???

PD: To respond TS

UFC 151 was cancelled just because Jon Jones wanted it, he is the biggest star in UFC and doesnt give a fuck what Dana White wants

for sure Dana is not happy with the power Jones has right now

It's funny that you mention that because Jones is pretty popular outside of the haters and people who don't like him. I haven't seen too many MMA fighters get the coverage he does on ESPN and other networks, get beats by Dre commercials, and is known by people who aren't even fans of MMA. Having two brothers in the NFL helps tremendously. NFL announcers usually mention the UFC when they talk about the Jones family...they acknowledge Jon.

lol when was that, were is the original video ???

PD: To respond TS

UFC 151 was cancelled just because Jon Jones wanted it, he is the biggest star in UFC and doesnt give a fuck what Dana White wants

for sure Dana is not happy with the power Jones has right now

I wish I knew. I just grabbed the gif from a thread on here.

Looks like it's from a Vlog or the embedded series that UFC does, a recent one.

What is there to like?

Zing. Such a sweet burn.

You realise that its promoters job to make fighters popular? The job that UFC and Dana fails at. Dana is bad promoter, the sooner he retires the better for the sport.

You realise that its promoters job to make fighters popular? The job that UFC and Dana fails at. Dana is bad promoter, the sooner he retires the better for the sport.

I agree. but this is sherdog brah, a lot of guys think its fighters job to promote themselves, attract fans, learn English (for foreign fighters) and have good mic skills. And yeah, to train, make weight and fight as well. While the promoter takes in lion share of the revenue and can throw fighters under the bus at will lol

Im sure Dana doesnt like Jones and he definitely doesnt like the Jackson Camp and the feeling is probably mutual. Dana cant really bully that group and Jones around and it kills him.

Well Jones saying stupid shit in interviews and on twitter is not exactly making UFC's job any easier.

It seems to me that every time I hear DW talk about Jon Jones he has a disinterested and dismissive tone. DW is always quick to enthusiastically call every other fighter the best p4p in the world yet when he has to say it about Jones it's almost as if he's doing it against his will. Maybe I'm just reading into it to much, but Dana just doesn't seem to be too excited about Jon Jones. Any other president would be happy to have an athlete and competitor of the caliber of Jones but when I hear DW talk about him it's like he couldn't care less whether jones stays or leaves. Remember how crazy Dana use to go over Anderson when talking about him, almost as if he was having an orgasm? I hear none of the same enthusiasm when he talks about Jones.

I also have the sneaking suspicion he wanted JJ to lose this fight to DC. His body language after the decision was read and while putting on the title around Jones waist was the opposite of joy.

I think there were two guys devastated by last nights outcome, not just DC
http://s1378.photobucket.com/compon...h113/Macalpinerules/imagejpg1_zps7cebfae8.jpg

I don't think Dana has human emotions.

It's funny that you mention that because Jones is pretty popular outside of the haters and people who don't like him. I haven't seen too many MMA fighters get the coverage he does on ESPN and other networks, get beats by Dre commercials, and is known by people who aren't even fans of MMA. Having two brothers in the NFL helps tremendously. NFL announcers usually mention the UFC when they talk about the Jones family...they acknowledge Jon.
Being well known and being popular are two totally different things.

Dana doesn't like men who stand on their own two. Paradoxically, he RESPECTS these men but he's intimidated by them because they can not only beat his ass (he's a failed fighter at core, always trying to play alpha and tough) but they ALSO don't fear his power, which is all he has over them.

A guy like Jones is a threat to Dana. Dana pinned the whole cancelling of a UFC on him and he didn't break. His remaining unbroken is a threat to Dana.

That said, I have no clue if he personally likes him as an individual, but I'm sure he hates what he stands for.

Back