Does Conor retire if hes smashed by Khabib?

Some people are saying that Conor is blowing through the money he has earned so I don't see him retiring regardless of what happens. If those rumors aren't true and Khabib smashes him, he is gone for good (thank god)

I think a lot of you are projecting, he bounced back from the Nate loss better than ever. We already know how Conor has dealt with loses as it happened 3 times and each time he responded very well, the real question is how would Khabib deal with a loss? Would he ever be the same?

it seems to be popular opinion that Conor somehow can't fight anymore. while he is definitely waiting for money fights and not fighting the best (or at all for that matter(, I've got a hunch he's going to give Khabib all he can handle and then some. The Mendes fight could be an indiciation that Khabib really is going to change his face though.

We'll see, I'd like to see the fucking fight happen already. I believe Khabib is taking a dangerous stance though if he really believes what he's saying. Could come back to bite him in the ass.

Bro, serious question: do you know who Conor is?

He dealt with a loss better than any fighter we have ever seen and does not roll over a give up for no one. Naturally, that could change, it it is doubtful he would break by Khabib when Khabib has broke no one, and motivated fighters to titles like RDA.

No, 3rd Diaz fight, then retires.

This fight happens no matter how they both go in their next fights, for all Conor's public clowning / misdemeanours etc he is a true fight fan and knows how good it is to have a high quality trilogy on your record by the time you call it day.

Khabib keeps repeating he doesn't want to finish but to humble him. Put on prolonged beating to take all the aura away from Conor.

Does Conor recover from a humbling like that in his sport? He put the Floyd embarrassment due to him being in a different sport.

It will be a tough pill to swallow if Khabib holds him against the cage, legs locked and smashes him while he talks to him and Dana White.
Conor is already retired... what changes?

No. Of would not want to end with a loss when he's barely 30 years old.

I think he would become more motivated to return to the octagon if he lost. Like after Diaz.

It's more likely he would retire if he won.

Who has Khabib 'smashed'???

He couldn't even finish Barboza or IaQuinta.

I've never said Conor is afraid to fight. This fight will be made. I was asking where Conor would be mentally if he gets mauled.

Conor always went for the greatest challenge possible. If he gets mauled, his whole psyche crashes imo. I don't see him fighting anyone else, except for a fight with Diaz. And that fight wont do huge numbers after the stock goes down.
Diaz embarrassed him pretty badly and he wanted a rematch shortly after. Who knows though, I think aside from Tony Conor has the best chance of getting the win.

Always got the Diaz trilogy fight for a final payday.

Diaz embarrassed him pretty badly and he wanted a rematch shortly after. Who knows though, I think aside from Tony Conor has the best chance of getting the win.

He was using Nate Diaz like a pin ball in the first round. He gassed and lost the fight. He had some excuses for that as well.

Conor could lose a quick submission or a flash ko and come back with excuses. What I am talking about is a mauling like the one Khabib dished out to Michael Johnson, where he trapped one arm behind his back and smashed his face in.

It will be hard to come back from that.

I think if Conor loses the first he will get an immediate rematch. If he goes 0-2 He retires.

He can't handle losses, so probably yes.

The guy handles losses well. He was stopped in seconds twice early in his career and still made it so far. The guy is an absolute legend, but I just don't think he'll be able to handle the kind of loss Khabib can give to him.

He'll spin it somehow, but we'll never see the same confident Conor Mcgregor ever again after this fight.

Khabib and his moron manager are asking for money he doesn't deserve
Don't be so Daft.....
WTF does Conor use 90% of the time for excuses as to why he is not fighting (there are many)??? The main one is always "He's negotiating"...
Besides the Undefeated Champ does deserve the money, a fk of a lot more than Conor does. He has mopped the floor with anyone he has fought (with the exception of a juiced up Tibau).
Did I mention the whole 26-0 part?
Oh and he is also defending...Something Conor refused to ever do.

Khabib will probably make Conor retire if he grabs and holds him and gives him 25 mins of hell.

Khabib talking about being Humble good Lord..

And I doubt it. Hell if Nate beats Dustin that trilogy fight will be juicy again.

Back