Does Conor retire if hes smashed by Khabib?

I'm guessing the UFC brass are just waiting for a injury to strip Khabib. So they feed Conor's ego.

Khabib as long as he is injury free cannot be stripped. He can demand fights with Poirier, Kevin Lee, Tony Ferguson.
The biggest right in UFC history is Khabib vs Conor. Why in the world wouldn't the UFC want this?

I'm guessing the UFC brass are just waiting for a injury to strip Khabib. So they feed Conor's ego.

Khabib as long as he is injury free cannot be stripped. He can demand fights with Poirier, Kevin Lee, Tony Ferguson.
I can see WME and the bald goof jumping at any chance to strip Khabib and make the money man champ again.

Everyone kept saying Conors legal issue was the hold up but everyone knew he wasnt getting jail time and the fight would have been announced already if Conor wanted it.

You new to MMA?
How do you sell a WW title fight with someone who gets smashed for the LW title. This is not a case of being too big for the division or weight cutting problems as well. He is perfect for the LW division and will be dwarfed in the WW division. Guy weighed in at 169 on a full belly.

People are underestimating how much of a hit Conor's image is going to take if he gets smashed. He wont be doing 1 million pay per views after a mauling. People always move on.

No. If that happens everyone will be talking about what a utter bore Khabib is and looking forward to Conor fighting someone entertaining, like Nate.

It won't affect Conor's popularity in the slightest.

Amongst the TMZ crowd no. They will still be wearing thaty El Chapo shirt and doing that fucking stupid walk.

But most (MOST) genuine fans of the sport tend to give McGregor a pass on the bullshit because of his talent. He's not Chael. He doesn't write countless cheques his ass can't cash, lie about his record and level of talent. He doesn't purely rely on his mouth... he can fight well, has some great wins and is very talented....

He loses to Khabib in a devastating way. That bling will be a little less shiny. He will no longer be a champion, or the best in any division. His claims have to have something behind them. For me at least

All i know is I'm looking forward to the "if conor lose I'm leaving" and "conor haters are pathetic" threads from the drunken emotional sherdoggers like when he lost to Diaz.

This is the scary part. He is underestimating Conor way too much for my liking. The first two minutes of the fight are going to be scary and likely give me a heart attack.

Yap, he's allready celebrated like the second coming by some and was never defeated or in any major trouble in a fight while Conor allready matured thanks to the Diaz loss.

Trashtalk from Khabib all the time, while Conor just stays focused it seems.

No because his butt hurt EGO won't be able to handle it, he will do a bisping and call out another top guy like woodley, or GSP straight away and get murked again.

In a fair fight, it probably goes down that way.

In reality, they probably let Herb Dean be the ref. He’s always been a great company man for these kind of fights. There will be quick stand ups and getting them off the cage fast for stalling. There will be a questionable stoppage after Conor lands something.

In reality, they probably let Herb Dean be the ref. He’s always been a great company man for these kind of fights. There will be quick stand ups and getting them off the cage fast for stalling. There will be a questionable stoppage after Conor lands something.
Most likely this. Herb is the biggest company man/most overt with corruption in the past. I would be honestly surprised if anyone else reffed the fight with the amount of doctoring they'll want to do to rig it in efforts to give Conor his best chance.

I've been thinking that would be the perfect Sherdog shitstorm. Khabib mauls Conor in the first round but Herb refuses to stop it like Weidman vs Rockhold. Round 2 Conor catches him coming in and scores a knockdown and Herb dashes in to stop it. This place would go bloody nuts.

If you havent showed up to your main job in almost 2 years, your
ass is retired.

Khabib keeps repeating he doesn't want to finish but to humble him. Put on prolonged beating to take all the aura away from Conor.

Does Conor recover from a humbling like that in his sport? He put the Floyd embarrassment due to him being in a different sport.

It will be a tough pill to swallow if Khabib holds him against the cage, legs locked and smashes him while he talks to him and Dana White.
Conor doesn't care about being humbled. If you're not blinded by jealousy you can see that Conor likes to fight the best and go down as the best in history. If Khabib destroys him he likely won't be active, maybe take some money fights, because he would know he wouldn't beat Khabib if he got the the title again. People that think Conor is afraid to fight people are idiots.

How do you sell a WW title fight with someone who gets smashed for the LW title. This is not a case of being too big for the division or weight cutting problems as well. He is perfect for the LW division and will be dwarfed in the WW division. Guy weighed in at 169 on a full belly.

People are underestimating how much of a hit Conor's image is going to take if he gets smashed. He wont be doing 1 million pay per views after a mauling. People always move on.

He sold a boxing match with zero fights .
He sold the Diaz rematch after getting embarrassed.
People have no idea about his history, they see him call someone a bum fighter n they buy his PPV, it's embarrassing.
Remember Chael's LHW title fight after getting mauled at MW?

He sold a boxing match with zero fights .
He sold the Diaz rematch after getting embarrassed.
People have no idea about his history, they see him call someone a bum fighter n they buy his PPV, it's embarrassing.
Remember Chael's LHW title fight after getting mauled at MW?
Chael has no shame and is a chronic liar.

Conor believes everything he says, thats the difference.

Conor doesn't care about being humbled. If you're not blinded by jealousy you can see that Conor likes to fight the best and go down as the best in history. If Khabib destroys him he likely won't be active, maybe take some money fights, because he would know he wouldn't beat Khabib if he got the the title again. People that think Conor is afraid to fight people are idiots.

I've never said Conor is afraid to fight. This fight will be made. I was asking where Conor would be mentally if he gets mauled.

Conor always went for the greatest challenge possible. If he gets mauled, his whole psyche crashes imo. I don't see him fighting anyone else, except for a fight with Diaz. And that fight wont do huge numbers after the stock goes down.

after he gets smashed for the LW title, he goes after the WW title?

<36>
Ironic you posted a DC smiley since thats exactly what he did after getting smashed for the LHW title.

Chael has no shame and is a chronic liar.

Conor believes everything he says, thats the difference.

Nate was 3 x my size.
I am going to change the way boxing is fought.
I overtook Ronaldo as the highest paid sportsman.
I have made a seamless transition to boxing.
I'm retiring.

Ironic you posted a DC smiley since thats exactly what he did after getting smashed for the LHW title.
The fight is a NC. DC smashed Volkan, before he went after and got Jones' dream.

It's taken him two years to mentally get over being embarrassed by a 42 year old midget and he had the legitimate excuse of boxing not being his sport.

If he gets raped by Khabib he will likely not fight again. The humiliation of getting smashed in his own sport and being beltless and having to climb the ladder again will be too much for him.

Back