Does beating a 40 year old faded GSP at 155 mean anything at all?

Steven_Universe

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don’t care to watch this happen and it probably won’t.

GSP has no interest in fighting past 40.

I think he’s gone for good

And if Khabib loses he will be endlessly ridiculed.

Means that you're probably ducking competition and looking for money fight

If GSP comes back and beats a Prime Khabib, he’ll be the unquestioned GOAT. That will be the end of GOAT thread debates on sherdog..

So weird to ask for a 170 pound retiree to come back at 155 when there is Tony Ferguson in line.

I don’t care to watch this happen and it probably won’t.

GSP has no interest in fighting past 40.

I think he’s gone for good

And if Khabib loses he will be endlessly ridiculed.
GSP is Khabib's childhood hero. Beating GSP would equate to a "passing of the torch" moment for Khabib. For him it is important and the haters are going to spout bullshit anyway, so why not do it?

the fight makes 0 sense, he has a ton of challenges at 155 probably just wants the big money fight.

Khabib is good but if we are honest with ourselves, he's no GSP. He's successful because he has great cardio and is bigger than everyone else. His style works because of his size.

Take away his size and he loses a lot imo. His style wouldn't work at 170 very well. Colby and Usman are both better versions of Khabib

Wouldn't be beyond GSP to put an L next to Khabib's name before riding of into the sunset, on a spaceship.

As much as I hate GSP, considering he still probably beats most of the top guys at 155 or 170, yes, it means something.

the fight makes 0 sense, he has a ton of challenges at 155 probably just wants the big money fight.
If he wanted a money fight, he'd just squeeze it out of the pinata known as Conor McGregor by giving him a rematch. You haters are fucking retards.

GSPs stock can't go down. Khabibs can go up substantially if he beats GSP. If Khabib loses he just lost to the 170# GOAT, no big deal.

I think GSP is Khabib's idol. He knows better than to fight him at WW.

I'd rather see him fight the next in line, but the UFC has been a joke as far as being considered a legitimate sport for a long time. They make matchups for ratings. As far as beating GSP, I think it is an accomplishment. Sure, he is older and retired, but he was/is an all time great that hasn't lost in a long time. If he comes back and looks like complete shit, it'd make the accomplishment look worse.

Would be a fun fight. If everything goes as planned for Khabib. Beating Dustin, then Ferguson, I could definitely see GSP coming back to fight him in spring next year.

I wouldn't count Poirier or Ferguson out though. If Khabib loses, I don't think GSP will be interested.
I just don't see GSP coming back at 40. It's not a good idea. I'm guessing he's retired for good.

Khabib needs to beat GSP at 170 and 185 for it to even be close to the same acomplishment that GSP has.

<PlusJuan>

wtft is this GSP is 40 stuff I've been seeing on here lately?

GSP just turned 38, and if he fights Khabib before next May he'll still be 38.
That's only a year older than Woodley. Next year would beating a 38 year old Woodley mean anything?

Khabib - GSP is Khabib's father's wet dream. Hence the pursuit.

I love this fight, And I am pretty sure an old, «slow» GSP beats Khabib. It is actually one of the fights I am most interested in at the moment.

But GSP is never making lw, And Khabib will refuse to move up, so this is not happening.

Back