Does Barao deserves an immediate rematch?

Modern

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Anderson got his. Does Barao deserves one even though he got dominated?

No needs 2 fights , that was a complete domination dont rush him just yet , what if he looses again on a imediatte rematch then what? Let the guy build his confidence again

No. Good God stop the immediate rematches. Stop the rematches after one fight.

If a fighter loses the belt he should 2 wins at least to get back into a title shot. The UFC is too obsessed with rushing these potential trilogy matches.

And dont ever compare what Anderson did in the ufc to Barao please.

No. I'm sure he would've if TJ finished the fight early when he had him hurt, but he got dominated for 4 1/2 rounds and than finished. No need for a rematch.

Nope. Only Anderson deserved the rematch, and that was more because of how he lost rather than the fact that he lost.

Normally I'd say no but a 33-fight unbeaten streak in MMA is just crazy.

I'd be fine with an immediate rematch.

I thought rematches were granted when there was a doubt of who was the best fighter.
TJ adopted Barao and took him for a walk in the park, and even bought him some ice cream.

Why? The fight wasn't the least bit competetive. Do you have something against Barao?

Normally I'd say no but a 33-fight unbeaten streak in MMA is just crazy.

I'd be fine with an immediate rematch.

Even though he didn't really demonstrate that he had anything for TJ, at any point in the fight?

I want to see Barao fight again soon. I think he'll perform much better in his next fight. However, I would like to see Cruz fight for the belt if hes ready in September. Barao vs. Assuncao would be great too.

no, anderson's reign in the ufc leading up to his loss was greater than Barao's

A better example would be BJ. But no, I'm not for it. Immediate rematches don't generate much interest and are ultimately unfavorable for the fighter who got defeated, since he has no time to adapt his game, and he's somewhat locked out of the title picture if he loses again. It's like JDS getting a third fight with Cain that soon, even though there was a viable contender in Werdum.

Yes, no point wasting his time, let him get his belt back in which he will do.

He should just take some time off and reassess things. And then come back after the summer, fight a top 10 guy.

Nah he got tooled for four and a half rounds then finished, let him fight his way back up. If it was a flash KO or some freak accident, sure.

Back