Does anyone think Munoz has a chance against Moose?

if moose fight conservative like vs latifi, i don't think Munoz gets anywhere near a takedown and gets stopped tko

Machida isn't exactly known for his wrestling but his BJJ is supposedly quite good.

i3uJ1Zr3GlWkd.gif

Just making a point that Mousasi isn't all bad from his back.

It's the other way around- Machida's wrestling has been a few bars from excellent (for his purposes) throughout his career while his BJJ's been unimpressive (sweeped by Gegard, brute choked by Jones, scared off the ground by Shogun's leg attacks, nearly submitted by Tito, etc.).

In agreement with this pattern and confirmation of Mousasi's unexceptional abilities- Mousasi was handled quite well in the wrestling department and arguably got the better of Machida on the ground (I say arguably because there were some glorious moments on Machida's part as well).

munoz has shitty mma tds and can't strike well. mousasi is pretty good on the ground. i see mousasi winning, and probably getting the finish.

It's the other way around- Machida's wrestling has been a few bars from excellent (for his purposes) throughout his career while his BJJ's been unimpressive (sweeped by Gegard, brute choked by Jones, scared off the ground by Shogun's leg attacks, nearly submitted by Tito, etc.).

In agreement with this pattern and confirmation of Mousasi's unexceptional abilities- Mousasi was handled quite well in the wrestling department and arguably got the better of Machida on the ground (I say arguably because there were some glorious moments on Machida's part as well).

machida and mousasi both looked good on the ground, but mousasi a bit better. more active and that nice sweepp!

I think Munoz should consider a career change after this impending brutal loss

Munoz is gonna win.
You shut your mouth.

I am hoping Mousasi can KO Munoz. I want Gegard to get some wins strung together against top ten opponents. Maybe he can get a title shot eventually.

But anyone who is completely writing Mark off in this fight is a fool... He has a few ways he could beat Mousasi. I am just keeping my fingers crossed and hoping Gegard is able to finish him.

Mousasi wins via jabbing Munoz' face all to shit and then TKO'ing him. Hopefully.

Lyoto had a fucking broken foot from the start of the second round. I'd love to see you roll on the mats with a guy as skilled as Gegard when your foot was fucked up.

It's cute that you left that detail out of your analysis. Idiot.

Your entire post was bullshit.

It feels like it is Munoz' fight to lose. Mousasi has plenty of talent, but he still looks like a throwback from the turn of the century; very good striking and a good submission game to counter takedowns.

That was a very successful formula back in the day, not so much anymore with the average depth and breadth of submission grappling skills having improved noticeably since then. Munoz is no slouch in that department.

Munoz has struggled against fighters who have demonstrated the ability to keep the fight standing. I have not seen anything from Mousasi to suggest his TD defense has improved markedly, so I don't see him stopping Munoz from taking the fight to the ground. Munoz also has some very dangerous GnP. King Mo may have had better takedowns, but the threat from top position pales in comparison to Munoz's.

The x-factor for this fight are intangibles. Mousasi is a smart fighter who is very opportunistic and resourceful. Munoz at times looks lost and he doesn't seem to have a very high fight IQ. If Munoz makes a mistake, it will be over quickly.

I don't see it happening. Munoz by TKO 3rd round.

I will be rooting for Munoz, but I will be very happy to see Mousasi win if he can put on an impressive performance and show some growth. He doesn't seem that much different than the fighter everyone was raving about in PRIDE so many years ago.

Munoz by vicious ko hendricks kappmann style
People said Munoz was going to KO Machida and look how that worked out for him...

Mark's best chance of winning is getting Mousasi to the ground and trying to land some ground n pound.

Lyoto had a fucking broken foot from the start of the second round. I'd love to see you roll on the mats with a guy as skilled as Gegard when your foot was fucked up.

It's cute that you left that detail out of your analysis. Idiot.

Your entire post was bullshit.

Still spewing your garbage eh?

Mousasi should KO Munoz in the later rounds

I don't think he can win, but I really want see him to.
Would love to some hurt Mousasi nuthuggers here.

Back