Does anyone think Munoz has a chance against Moose?

Watch the King Mo fight, yeah Mo gets him down but every time Gegard gets back up. Thats why Mo had 11 successful take downs and like 17 attempts.

For a guy with high wrestling credentials you can see his shot coming from a mile away so I give Munoz a very small chance for victory. Seriously though, I can't think of another accomplished wrestler whose skills transferred as poorly as Munoz. I remember watching his first fight in the UFC and thinking that his wrestling background must be a fabrication. He has improved but not near enough to beat Gegard.

Mousasi has great kickboxing, and I still remember Okami making Mu

munoz is unlikely to damage moose on the ground, that is for sure. at the same time, moose doesn't have the hustle to get from under a heavy wrestler that is just trying to hold him down. I suspect that is what Munoz will do.

Machida isn't exactly known for his wrestling but his BJJ is supposedly quite good.

i3uJ1Zr3GlWkd.gif

Just making a point that Mousasi isn't all bad from his back.

Machida isn't exactly known for his wrestling but his BJJ is supposedly quite good.

i3uJ1Zr3GlWkd.gif

Just making a point that Mousasi isn't all bad from his back.

He certainly isnt bad, maybe I wasnt clear about thinking that. His sweeps are more effective against bjj guys than against a wrestler. He is very slow on the ground, and is likely to end up there for a whole round if munoz can get him down.

He certainly isnt bad, maybe I wasnt clear about thinking that. His sweeps are more effective against bjj guys than against a wrestler. He is very slow on the ground, and is likely to end up there for a whole round if munoz can get him down.

If Big ass Mo struggled to keep him down, Munoz will have a bigger problem now that Mousasi is putting a lot more work into his wrestling.

Munoz won a fight via grappling against Maia, and he has bricks for fists. Of course he has a chance.

I think Mousasi controls that distance and punishes Munoz though. If he gets taken down he'll fight off his back. It'll be really interesting if it hits the mat.

I hope you do not mean to ask about "Chance" cause that is always there and you look stupid asking this. Munoz only chance seems like finishing him early when the gas tank is ok. As the fight goes on we'll see Moose dominating. UD for Moose.

I definitely favor Gegard but Munoz' wrestling hives him a somewhat realistic chance.

Finding it very hard to give Munoz more than a 1/10 chance here. For real, what does he have? Wrestling and holding for a bit, but surely he couldn't pull that off for three rounds, and this is a five rounder I think.

You must be a wizard. Munoz will wrestle Mousasi to a decision.

You realize Munoz as a whomping 26% TD accuracy right? And since the draw when decided to take his TD Def seriously, Mousasi has only been taken down 4 times in his last 5 fights. 13 rounds, 5 fights, takendown 4 times. Munoz will struggle to use his wrestling.

So many people think Mousasi has bad wrestling/grappling. No, he didn't care about getting taken down because he is dangerous off his back. He has good subs, sweeps, and even strikes, plus he rarely takes any damage when he's on his back. He doesn't have bad wrestling/Grappling, he just didn't care about stopping TDs earlier in his career which he has clearly changed.

There are u few things u need to consider..Mousasi is now at 185 and bigger than the average middleweight..including Munoz.Mark might get a few takedowns but can he keep Gegard there and has to be careful he doesn't end up defending a sub whereas saucy very slick on the ground..
Wrestling might not never be a strength of Gegard but I have to believe this is something that he has worked on a great deal.Mousasi is several times the "cagefighter that Mark is..

Its mma so anything can happen but I'll be shocked if Mousasi loses this .

You realize Munoz as a whomping 26% TD accuracy right? And since the draw when decided to take his TD Def seriously, Mousasi has only been taken down 4 times in his last 5 fights. 13 rounds, 5 fights, takendown 4 times. Munoz will struggle to use his wrestling.

I agree it is veery improbable that Mu

munoz is getting old and slow. the dude should consider retirement if he loses.

Back