Does anyone think Buckley got lucky against Wonderboy?

It was a split draw heading into round 3. Buckley was not "getting beat up" the whole fight.

If it went to a decision, Derek Clearly's round 3 card would have decided the winner.

View attachment 1066048
Fucking judges.
4 split decisions on the card and they were going for another in this as well.
Clowns.

At 41 Wonderboy will be lucky to win, not simply get close or have an "almost" moment, any fights against anyone remotely good. Coming off that ending he probably won't fight again till age 42. Good luck.

Reactions: HHJ
Believing the man with the most spectacular KO in combat sports history got lucky by knocking out an aging fringe opponent takes a certain level of hate I think it has retarded your logic

No, not at all. The fight was trending in that direction. Wonderboy wasnt as fast as he used to be.

W4GAe8f.jpg
What exactly is the point of this gif?

It was not a perfect punch
It was the perfect punch in the perfect moment. We all know that because it ended the fight. The "perfect" aspect doesn't mean the perfect textbook straight right hand with proper positioning and hip rotation and all that crap.

wonderboy definitely looked like the better striker and was giving buckley trouble. i dont think buckley got lucky though, he used the cage to help land that shot. it was set up nicely.
It was also the best strike that he threw. Not perfect form, but perfect timing and placement. The factors of that final strike would ko anyone in WW.

while thompson might have been winning, I could see what was going to happen, literally yelling at my screen for buckly to LUNGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEEE

and it happened <lmao> <mcgoat>

to me, because of the times buckley missed, it seemed that it was inevitable that he would figure it out.

WB is the second oldest fighter on the roster, after old man Stipe...

According to WB himself. I haven't checked it myself.

Not lucky, I thought the fight was quite close up until that point, Thompson was landing better strikes and Buckley took him down a few times and also did land some nice punches himself. I will admit though that 41 year old Thompson doesn't move the same, he isn't as agile as he used to be, I think that punch wouldn't have landed 8 years ago.
Really? I mean he got KOed by Pettis, dropped by Till and was scared shitless against Woodley. Wonderboy is a great guy, but he was always a bit overrated. I think Buckley could beat any version of Wonderboy

Not lucky, I thought the fight was quite close up until that point, Thompson was landing better strikes and Buckley took him down a few times and also did land some nice punches himself. I will admit though that 41 year old Thompson doesn't move the same, he isn't as agile as he used to be, I think that punch wouldn't have landed 8 years ago.
His reflexes have sadly diminished and that's to be expected because of his age.
Good on Buckley for landing that. Not a lucky shot.

I thought WB looked good and crisp.

Buckley didn't get lucky, but he did land his puncher's chance punch and it happened to sammich WB's head between the cage and his fist so that helped.

Back