Does anyone still have interest in the HW division?

It's a fun division, the only problem is the lack of title fights.

Of course I’m still interested, but the UFC matchmakers aren’t. They put so much effort into the Stipe/Fatso trilogy that they’ve neglected everyone else. I don’t blame anyone for not caring about the division when UFC has put zero effort into building anyone

Can't believe I am reading people suggesting Khabib destroying HWs.
Did you not learn from Conor Nuthuggers not to make stupid statements like that.

<KhabibBS>

I like Black Beast and JDS, outside of those 2 I couldn't care less about anyone else in the division, its at its all time worst.

Tom Aspinall is the future. BJJ black belt with serious KO power and trains boxing with Tyson Fury. Is only 26.

Division is dead in the water but people will still argue that stipe/ngannou are the goats.

No he woudn't, he got thrown around by a HW HS champ wrestler in an aka video and Khabib precisely followed that by ragdolling that same HW to the point the kid was in awe. I have no doubt Khabib would grab a single on Tuivasa, take him down and proceed to do whatever he wanted on the ground.

Of course most ranked HWs would destroy Khabib, I just specifically have him over Tuivasa.

You are dreaming man. Tuivasa ragdoll Khabib as much as he wants.

HW is paper thin but I think it's getting better. Steep is clearly the best fighter and I expect he'll tool Francis again, who is also in turn a very exciting fighter who has the incredible quality of being able to KO fools with no technique.

Stipe and Francis are obvious #1 and #2, but Blaydes, Derrick, Jair and Overeem are all a fight away from a TS. They're all pretty see through, their weaknesses are obvious and PFP they aren't too level.

Volkov, Walt, Sakai, Ivanov and the like are all decent fighters, good gatekeepers. No interest in watching them fight but against a good opponent I'll tune in.

Big question is how Gane, Aspinall, Bower and in a very different way Latifi, Jones and Gus do. The prospects are very exciting, Gane is the most complete HW to debut in a while, and the LHWs all have good potential. People are writing off Latifi and Gus but Latifi arguably beat black beast and Gus did what anybody else would do against Werdum, got submitted.

Is it the worst division in men's MMA? Yeah, probably. Are there still a ton of exciting fights to make? 100%

Back