Does anyone still have interest in the HW division?

Yes. Jones is definitely moving up and I am extremely intrigued about how that will go.

Skills are fun but no substitute to being the baddest dude on the planet. You can rave about your stacked BW division, your Nates and Masvidals - meanwhile some boring ass, out of shape gobshite like Tybura would murder everyone below 185lbs. Your precious Khabib would get sprayed on the canvas like bursting water balloon by Black Beast on a good shit after Taco Bell.

The whole midget loving work rate garbage ruined pro wrestling and is slowly poisoning MMA, but until that fully takes over - I'm still enjoying the heavier weight divisions, for as watered down as they are. Cause that's where the grown ups are fighting.

You just like sloppy technique

HW sucks. Its basically a very very véry small segment of the male demographics who are competing eachother. Now if all basketball players had turned to MMA it would be more interesting because there will be more competition.

As long as Stipe's there, so is my attention. But even afterwards I'll probably keep an eye on it. There's some interesting guys starting to bubble up like Gane and Aspinall and Boser. And it's a division that's always good for some laughs as well.

I can't remember right now which one was the last GOOD, SKILLED fight that I saw in the HW division.
Also, seeing those dudes cruisin' for a KO punch and gassing to death after two rounds is sad. The fact that Francis KTFO Jairzinho (one, a contender, and the other a raising prospect) throwing those haymakers was pathetic.

Skills are fun but no substitute to being the baddest dude on the planet. You can rave about your stacked BW division, your Nates and Masvidals - meanwhile some boring ass, out of shape gobshite like Tybura would murder everyone below 185lbs. Your precious Khabib would get sprayed on the canvas like bursting water balloon by Black Beast on a good shit after Taco Bell.

The whole midget loving work rate garbage ruined pro wrestling and is slowly poisoning MMA, but until that fully takes over - I'm still enjoying the heavier weight divisions, for as watered down as they are. Cause that's where the grown ups are fighting.
HW skill sets are garbarge to the point its almost embarrassing. Like alot of WMMA. And i have no doubt Khabib would wreck Tybura. No weight cut, Khabib would weigh 180-185, closer to 200 if he bulked up a bit. He is strong as hell and is lightyears ahead of Tybura in terms of skill.

HW skill sets are garbarge to the point its almost embarrassing. Like alot of WMMA. And i have no doubt Khabib would wreck Tybura. No weight cut, Khabib would weigh 180-185, closer to 200 if he bulked up a bit. He is strong as hell and is lightyears ahead of Tybura in terms of skill.
No.

Skillwise, Stipe and DC were head and shoulders above everyone else in the division... now that DC is retired I could care less about HW.

Everyone else is either some washed up fighter fighting way past their prime, a one dimensional jobber, or just some brawler off the street... it’s very though to watch.

Obviously Jones makes things very interesting again, but until that happens I don’t see Championship level skillsets outside of Stipe.

How’s your interest level in Heavyweight Sherbros ?
0 interest. Even if Jones fights there. Lotta people shit on women's MMA but never HW mma. lol. HW MMA is shit. What other division can you a fighter like jones, someone who's clearly exiting his prime, go and flourish in another division? Only in HW can that happen. Khabib can't wait til he's out of his prime and move up to 170 and flourish there.

I want to see a situation where Ngannou is the guy to beat for Jones to win the belt. That'd be a storyline I want to follow. However, I think Stipe has a noteworthy chance of stopping Jones, too. Jones doesn't have the knockout power of the aforementioned, and so there's a constant threat of being knocked out until the fight ends.

Francis, Reem, Stipe are always exciting. A lot of LHWs could probably move up and beat everyone outside the top few though. Watching Ilir Latifi toss around Derrick Lewis was pretty insane and shows the lack of skill/depth in the division. That's why DC did it with ease against all those HWs until Stipe. Most big, athletic guys play sports that get you rich though.

The division is pretty dead but Ngannou is must watch and both him and Stipe are great.

LHW is in an even worse state nowadays.

There are still some exciting fighters in the division. Only problem is basically all of the contenders habe already fought each other since DC and Stipe held up the division for so long. I guess Jones makes things interesting, but im still not 100% convinced that he will even fight more than once there. Stipe doesnt have a lot more fights in him. Francis is a killer but also already beat everyone besides Stipe. Böaydes is decent but seems that he cant beat Francis. Other than that its only really Cyril Gane that interests me, but i have no idea if he will fight his (ex-) teammate in Francis.

No. One of two weakest and least interesting divisions. (women don't count)

Ciryl Gane, Tom Aspinall, Alexander Romanov and Sergei Pavlovich are all great prospects.
Tanner Boser and Chris Daukaus are fun fighters too.

Great call, I would add 28 year old Sakai to that list. In 3 to 5 years he could develop some already decent skills to be able to make a run, he's proven he can crush cans consistently in today's HW division

Some of those might not get into the top ranks but there is a bit of promise there. Moreso imo than with guys like Spivak, Grishin, Tuivasa, Tafa, Felipe, etc. etc

Very little interest right now, only MW, WW and LW are exciting these days

Back