Does anyone still have interest in the HW division?

BRASIL WAND

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Skillwise, Stipe and DC were head and shoulders above everyone else in the division... now that DC is retired I could care less about HW.

Everyone else is either some washed up fighter fighting way past their prime, a one dimensional jobber, or just some brawler off the street... it’s very though to watch.

Obviously Jones makes things very interesting again, but until that happens I don’t see Championship level skillsets outside of Stipe.

How’s your interest level in Heavyweight Sherbros ?

Last edited:
Just want to see Jones vs Stipe really and that's it

Want to see Francis fight for the belt. Stipe don’t want it, but. Francis has earned a 2nd shot. After that, I think Francis will be hw king for a while.

Just make Stipe-Big Frank and then fold the division regardless of who wins.

Stipe, Francis, Blaydes, Gane and maybe Volkov are the only good fighters in the division. I say maybe Volkov because he got finished by Lewis and robbed Timothy Johnson a couple years back. Minakov is still better and would at least by top 5 in UFC

Gane is worth watching. It's a shame Aliakbari couldn't stay he'd have made it interesting

Stipe fan.

Aside from that, a couple of fighters are interesting for weird reasons. Such as Oleynik fighting at 57 years old and trying to win every fight by Ezekiel Choke.
this.

It just needs more activity at the top again. The D.C./Stipe rivalry slowed things down with how it played out. After Cain fought so infrequently (and only against Bigfoot and JDS when he did) business picked up with Stipe's win over Werdum and subsequent reign. But since D.C. won the belt it went back to feeling inconsistent and without momentum. Francis as champ vs. new challengers could be something.

Stipe fan.

Aside from that, a couple of fighters are interesting for weird reasons. Such as Oleynik fighting at 57 years old and trying to win every fight by Ezekiel Choke.

Lol don’t forget about scarfholds...

Heavyweight MMA is just like WorldStar: It’s amusing for a bit, but I eventually get disgusted.

lewis+oly.jpg

Skills are fun but no substitute to being the baddest dude on the planet. You can rave about your stacked BW division, your Nates and Masvidals - meanwhile some boring ass, out of shape gobshite like Tybura would murder everyone below 185lbs. Your precious Khabib would get sprayed on the canvas like bursting water balloon by Black Beast on a good shit after Taco Bell.

The whole midget loving work rate garbage ruined pro wrestling and is slowly poisoning MMA, but until that fully takes over - I'm still enjoying the heavier weight divisions, for as watered down as they are. Cause that's where the grown ups are fighting.

Skills are fun but no substitute to being the baddest dude on the planet. You can rave about your stacked BW division, your Nates and Masvidals - meanwhile some boring ass, out of shape gobshite like Tybura would murder everyone below 185lbs. Your precious Khabib would get plastered by Black Beast on a good shit after Taco Bell.

The whole midget loving work rate garbage ruined pro wrestling and is slowly poisoning MMA, but until that fully takes over - I'm still enjoying the heavier weight divisions, for as watered down as they are. Cause that's where the grown ups are fighting.
Khabib would ragdoll Tuivasa

Skills are fun but no substitute to being the baddest dude on the planet. You can rave about your stacked BW division, your Nates and Masvidals - meanwhile some boring ass, out of shape gobshite like Tybura would murder everyone below 185lbs. Your precious Khabib would get sprayed on the canvas like bursting water balloon by Black Beast on a good shit after Taco Bell.

That’s not true. Smaller HWs have always had great success in the division. 5’8 DC was HW champ lol. Fedor ruled HW for a decade. Randy Couture another small HW champ.

Also to think someone lacking skills like Tuivasa being able to beat someone like Khabib is nuts. I have the privilege of watching top fighters in the world spar behind closed doors and it’s not uncommon for HW’s to get put out by much lighter guys.

Sakai and/or Tuivasa title shot against Stipe when?

HW is the division where you got people with imbalanced but one or two really good skills but it results in surprisingly entertaining finishes like half the time so yea, actually interested in that specific division since it's still like watching early 2000s UFC matches.

Hell, you got Overeem who is pushing 40 still hanging in there for goodness' sakes.

DC and Stipe (and Ngannou) are truly something special though.

Tuivasa has the amount of MMA skills I had after playing Street Fighter for about an hour for the first time as a kid. And yet he would still wreck Khabib in under a minute.
No he woudn't, he got thrown around by a HW HS champ wrestler in an aka video and Khabib precisely followed that by ragdolling that same HW to the point the kid was in awe. I have no doubt Khabib would grab a single on Tuivasa, take him down and proceed to do whatever he wanted on the ground.

Of course most ranked HWs would destroy Khabib, I just specifically have him over Tuivasa.

Back