Does anyone skateboard?

I still have my board and have always loved skating. I am loving the SLS content that they put out. Here is a recent vid of their Resurrection series, where they rebuild a landmark in skateboarding and have some pros throw down on it. Enjoy!

Just wanted to see if anybody skates or has before. I noticed like there's a lot of MMA fighters who have skated in the past (ex. Chris Leben, Luke Rockhold, Nick Diaz, Kron Gracie to name a few) and I feel like there's a lot of similarities between the 2 arts.

If you got any dope skate clips/footy I'd be stoked to check em out!
I did as a kid. I had a few cool tricks but tbh I was never great. I had basics down. I I loved flip tricks. I kick flipped a 2 set. My buddy was sponsored. He could board slide hand rails. He hit his head 1x. I thought he was dead. I watched him kick flip a 5set when we were 16. His bro hit a 9set. I was a poser compared to these guys. I Contemplated buying a board. Sadly, now a fall and things break. Healthcare is rekt still from the shenanigans and firing staff for not wanting a cardiac event jab. No interest in going through that but fuck I miss it. As a kid, I remember just ripping on my board from sunrise to sunset. Life was less intense than it is now as sn adult.

there’s a YouTube series by David Gravette/Bronson called worst skatepark ever where he travels the country trying to rip shitty parks it’s really funny.
Just started in on this, pretty amusing for far. Cheers.

i can skateboard, but i'd rather bike.

Thrasher just threw this up from shoot with Sheckler and wanted to share. Rowley in attendance too. Never seen spot before – cool find:

Damn, Sheckler is crazy doing big shit like that after some bad injuries in his career! That looked sketchy and steep af! lol! Sick!

I’ve been skating damn near 30 years. I still get out there and skate parks or flat ground when I can. I’m well past street skating to any significant degree anymore

Thrasher just threw this up from shoot with Sheckler and wanted to share. Rowley in attendance too. Never seen spot before – cool find:

Bam was the first to skate it I believe. He did a tail drop way back in the day. Since then a handful of guys have done a few different lines and tricks there but shecklers kick flip is easily the gnarliest. It took him months to land it and he got broke off pretty good a few times

I still have my board and have always loved skating. I am loving the SLS content that they put out. Here is a recent vid of their Resurrection series, where they rebuild a landmark in skateboarding and have some pros throw down on it. Enjoy!

Thanks for this; enjoyed it.

The 180 switch crook around 9m was the trick to beat for the first sesh, IMO. Wow. I'm not familiar with this Jhancarlos from Colombia but he was locked in the whole time, just sticking virtually everything.

These guys doing 270 lips or big spin to lips (like Cordano, all red) is especially crazy to me because I never had big spin game myself; orientating yourself, setting up clearance, and sticking to rail is a mastery of so many things – and all at once, then Mach-1 dismount.

Never heard of a Barley grind before (f/side 180 to switch Smith); cool to learn a new name for something.

Bam was the first to skate it I believe. He did a tail drop way back in the day. Since then a handful of guys have done a few different lines and tricks there but shecklers kick flip is easily the gnarliest. It took him months to land it and he got broke off pretty good a few times
Not sure whether there's a term for this but I've long called it the skater's eye; this very phenomenon of how skaters view their surroundings.

Just like what Margera and now Sheckler saw in above support structure, a mundane reduction of civil engineering to 99% of passers-by is a parallel universe to skaters.

That's not a place in the carpark to return your shopping cart; it's a manny pad plus embankment with potential to summon your inner Daewon Song for a killer line. That three-stair with flowered median isn't three stairs to your office; it's a gap plus ledge to throw all the tricks in your toolbag down. A kerb isn't a kerb. A bench isn't a bench. Plaza pottery isn't pottery. And so on.

Skater's eye bless.

Thanks for this; enjoyed it.

The 180 switch crook around 9m was the trick to beat for the first sesh, IMO. Wow. I'm not familiar with this Jhancarlos from Colombia but he was locked in the whole time, just sticking virtually everything.

These guys doing 270 lips or big spin to lips (like Cordano, all red) is especially crazy to me because I never had big spin game myself; orientating yourself, setting up clearance, and sticking to rail is a mastery of so many things – and all at once, then Mach-1 dismount.

Never heard of a Barley grind before (f/side 180 to switch Smith); cool to learn a new name for something.

Barley did it regular on a handrail and then switch on another handrail right after in Welcome to Hell. I'm sure that wasn't the first time the trick was done, but that is when it was popularized. Ironically, I think Bam's drop in being talked about was on Welcome to Hell, but I could be wrong.

Barley did it regular on a handrail and then switch on another handrail right after in Welcome to Hell. I'm sure that wasn't the first time the trick was done, but that is when it was popularized. Ironically, I think Bam's drop in being talked about was on Welcome to Hell, but I could be wrong.
Didn't know it was after Barley as in Donny. I remember his style because of his big feet always squaring with the deck, giving tricks a unique catch and look. Will see if I can find. Thanks.

Any of you ever appreciate Ricky Oyola?

Man, never skated with him but I've rarely seen a skater whose style and very DNA were such an extension of their environment. Left-out blockades and poles of roadworks, walls, glass installations, truly whatever. Ricky tore it up like a ballerina of violence.

Stevie Williams actually had this beautiful quote about east-coast USA skating where he says something akin to: When I'm skating through the city, I am the city. Always loved that. Skaters were made different in Philly, USA.

I was a BMX/Freestyler guy, from 4-14. It was my life. Skateboarders were dicks by me. At 14 I took a girl to see The Karate Kid. She let me play with her boobs. I couldn't think of much else after that. But I am interested in buying a long board for exercise.

Just wanted to see if anybody skates or has before. I noticed like there's a lot of MMA fighters who have skated in the past (ex. Chris Leben, Luke Rockhold, Nick Diaz, Kron Gracie to name a few) and I feel like there's a lot of similarities between the 2 arts.

If you got any dope skate clips/footy I'd be stoked to check em out!

No, nobody skates and nobody ever has in the history of humanity. This is an entirely new concept you just invented.

Any of you ever appreciate Ricky Oyola?

Man, never skated with him but I've rarely seen a skater whose style and very DNA were such an extension of their environment. Left-out blockades and poles of roadworks, walls, glass installations, truly whatever. Ricky tore it up like a ballerina of violence.

Stevie Williams actually had this beautiful quote about east-coast USA skating where he says something akin to: When I'm skating through the city, I am the city. Always loved that. Skaters were made different in Philly, USA.

Huge fan of Oyola and specifically his part in Eastern Exposure III. We were big fans of east cost style of skating in the late 90's and early 2000s. I loved the Zoo York Mixtape video too. Ironically, when I worked at a skate shop, Oyola was starting up Traffic. He was handling a lot of the stuff on his own so we'd actually talk to him when placing orders. He was a nice guy, but pretty jaded by skateboarding at that point. This was the Baker and Zero era when everyone was going huge. His style of skating was definitely getting pushed away at that point.

Back