• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does anyone remember the timeline of Steroids, TRT, and ban in the UFC?

HindustaniKush

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
USADA came into effect in Summer of 2015

but there was a time were all of a sudden TRT was okay and promoted almost and then eventually TRT got banned, and then USADA came and banned almost everything. There was also a time pre TRT and USADA were fighters were hardly drug tested right? I mean Diaz bros would smoke right after a fight and never failed the post fight drug test. But now a days you will fail it for that

thats-bait-mad-max.gif

I thought weed was ok now?

As for the evolution, sure

Ken Shamrock-Mark Kerr-Mark Coleman-Josh Barnett-Sean Sherk-Tim Sylvia-Wanderlei Silva-Chael Sonnen-Johny Hendricks-Vitor Belfort-Dan Henderson-Cyborg-Jon Jones-TJ Dillashaw.

The funniest one was Todd Duffee getting medical clearance for TRT for low testosterone at age 24…. While looking like this

33d11cbcc809db7a22d350ee9f152f67.jpg
Fuck knows what he did to his balls with the chemicals to get to that state at 24... But I buy that they stopped functioning properly long before they should have.

The best way to remember is Belforts earned his title shot at MW when TRT was legal. When he actually fought for the title(a few months before USADA) TRT had been banned. So sometime in 2014 or early 2015. Maybe it was anticipation of USADA but clearly pre USADA.

Another thing is pre USADA drug testing wasn't a joke just wasn't as consistant. People like Barnett still got caught and people coming from promotions were PEDs were allowed still had a noticeable dropoff. Part of why I believe Rampage when he asserts he was the only person in Pride who wasn't on PED's is because he was the only Pride star who overacheived in the UFC compared to his Pride reputation. At the very least the pre USADA regime would drastically limit PED use even if we can't quantify how much. If fighters were allowed to blatantly cheat or easily skirt the system the TRT exemption wouldn't have been such a big deal in the first place.

Last edited:
I always remember it after Weidman beat Silva twice, and fought ViTRTor off the juice which was after 2014.

I think we first learned about trt in those Chael vs comission battles in 2010 after his fight with Anderson and getting suspended. We learned some fighters had the exemptions. Hendo was clearly the biggest name. Vitor and trt was officially a thing in 2013 when he became even more jacked than usual and started using a mohawk. Even though I guess he did have exemption to at least to Jones fight but Im not sure if it was ever confirmed.
But Id say the known era of trt would be from 2010- early 2014. If I recall correctly it was banned before the Shogun-Hendo rematch.

The mods got their bats out when threads like this get made.

Steroids ? whaaaat? What is that? never head of em.

Back