• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

when are you considered a UFC fighter

if the ufc pay you to fight in the ufc...........................simples

not really getting my point but ya I understand ya
I think your point is making harder than it needs to be. I respect your opinnion but it would just be easier to accept that the promotion signs more fighters than they used to. But as a counter you could also say there are more people competeing than ever. So the ufc gets in with times and expands its roster to meet demands that are set for them.

this worst espn card has me thinking

there are soooooooo many 'prospects' and up and comers in the UFC on small cards that to call yourself 'A UFC fighter' has kind of lost its luster.

To me, unless your ranked in the top ten your not officially a UFC fighter yet.

They should make minor league UFC and major league UFC (like MLB).

10-30 years ago you WERE a UFC fighter, it had meaning and respect, but now.....mehhh, not so much (until top 10) or wer on at least 1 PPV main card.
I think I remember no name on that card.

Was Stephan Bonnar ever ranked? He was a UFC mainstay and part of one of the most important fights in its history. The UFC has always had unranked fighters. They just have a lot more no name bottom feeders on Apex cards who will never amount to anything.

My first thought was, didn't he fight for a title? But... I don't think he did. Wild.

My first thought was, didn't he fight for a title? But... I don't think he did. Wild.
No, he did not.

Probably just thinking of the Anderson fight, which was at LHW, and short notice.

No, he did not.

Probably just thinking of the Anderson fight, which was at LHW, and short notice.
Yeah, that's what exactly what I was thinking of. I'm genuinely surprised he never got a title shot. I guess back then, popularity wasn't everything. (And dumb-asses say it's always been like this.)

At this rate you might want a title fight on the early prelims so "UFC Fighter" means something...

Fighting for the UFC is enough, its a promotion not really an accomplishment are there are great fighters that might never go to the UFC.

When you're on Dana's casting couch. That's when you know you have become a UFC fighter because you're about to get screwed.

Its all in how you look at it.

The poem above has the perspective that life is an anomaly between nothing and nothing
I hate philosophy, but I feel that poem should read life is an escape from nothingness.

Anyways, I'm going back to shitting on Conor's drug problem so I don't have to think about how I'm wasting my Saturday.

I hate philosophy, but I feel that poem should read life is an escape from nothingness.

Anyways, I'm going back to shitting on Conor's drug problem so I don't have to think about how I'm wasting my Saturday.
Go on an adventure like your Don Quixote or some shit.

Back