• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does anyone remember the timeline of Steroids, TRT, and ban in the UFC?

It got banned around the same time American dominance started declining.

What do you mean? 2 of Nick’s weed suspensions were pre-USADA. Overeem’s PED failure was also pre-USADA, he was caught by NSAC. Ditto for Tim Sylvia, Forrest Griffin, Josh Barnett like a billion times…. So yes, USADA made it tougher, but I wouldn’t say they rarely or never drug tested before that. Plenty of dudes got popped. As for TRT, it was banned in 2013 I believe. I think Hendo stopped right before the Rashad fight because he knew the TRT ban was coming.

So it was late 2000s that TRT exploded then it went away end of 2013

Well pre USADA you had to blow up the lab in order to be caught it was hardly comparable testing to what USADA does

The funniest one was Todd Duffee getting medical clearance for TRT for low testosterone at age 24…. While looking like this

33d11cbcc809db7a22d350ee9f152f67.jpg

If you cycle and use excess Test or synthetics it will legit shut down your natural testosterone production so you will actually have low testosterone but if you are on the synthetics it wont cause you to feel tired as other things are artififically keeping you going. Once you come off you could get legit prescription for Clomid and Test to raise your test levels

So it was late 2000s that TRT exploded then it went away end of 2013

Well pre USADA you had to blow up the lab in order to be caught it was hardly comparable testing to what USADA does
Yeah it was definitely much easier to get away with pre -USADA. It’s funny though, someone like Barnett has like 4 failures or something, and almost all were caught by commissions and not USADA. Overeem had to travel to Nevada from Holland for a press conference, and NSAC surprised his ass with a test, lol.
And yes regarding TRT: became a big deal late 2000s/early 2010s, and went away either late 2013 /early 2014.

Back