Does anyone here at all care about the upcoming Anthony Smith vs Ryan Spann fight?

Will you be watching Anthony Smith vs Ryan Spann 2 this weekend?

• Total voters
Spann has 21 wins, 18 of which are finishes . That's 85%.

what do you all even bother watching this sport for (aside from the very obvious)..

Last edited:
Have you listened to Weidman or Tony lately?
Or Conor?

Come on, Smith is not even top 5.
Smith is notably delusional about his specific fights before they happen. His usual approach is to completley ignore his opponents attributes and that "he doesnt see any way they can beat him at any aspect" and then goes on to get outclassed in all facets. Him saying that "Periera is not the monster he was" at 185...I mean bro...worry about yourself dude,cos in his first fight at LHW in UFC he beat a guy who would have definitley beaten you,with much less MMA experience than you. His takes def stand out to me lol

Shit he said about Ankalaev was fuckin astounding.

If he did fight Periera hed be all "I just dont see him being able to hang with me in the striking"

Last edited:
Smith is notably delusional about his specific fights before they happen. His usual approach is to completley ignore his opponents attributes and that "he doesnt see any way they can beat him at any aspect" and then goes on to get outclassed in all facets. Him saying that "Periera is not the monster he was" at 185...I mean bro...worry about yourself dude,cos in his first fight at LHW in UFC he beat a guy who would have definitley beaten you,with much less MMA experience than you. His takes def stand out to me lol

Shit he said about Ankalev was fuckin astounding.

If he did fight Periera hed be all "I just dont see him being able to hang with me in the striking"

Well, I do agree with you, but I've noticed this delusional approach on many fighters.
It's just that Smith is usually more open to dialogue than most fighters and goes into details.

Well, I do agree with you, but I've noticed this delusional approach on many fighters.
It's just that Smith is usually more open to dialogue than most fighters and goes into details.
Yeah hes really specific.

Don't think I have seen any threads about it after scrolling through 4 pages
Not really a big fan of Anthony Smith myself, but he has 34 finishes out of 36 wins, and has only fought to a decision 6 times out of 54 fight, a true kill or be killed fighter

What is your level of hype for this fight? Will you tune in for this fight? (co-main of Holloway vs Korean Zombie)

Here is their first fight reuploaded just 18 hours ago

Yes

This is arguably the greatest fight of all time

I like both fighters. Neither one of them are going to be in contention.. ever.. but it is a fight promotion so let's go!

Didn't watch the first fight and prob won't watch the 2nd.

Waste of them IMO. We've had 2 champs back to back vacate, two top contenders go to a draw, and then one lose to a MW former champ. The division could not be more open.

It's a weird fight, and IMO speaks more to the fact that the UFC doesn't know what to do with Smith. They're hoping he gets KO'd in spectacular fashion to launch Spann instead of spoiling things again.

Its probably going to be exciting and no idea who wins.

Main event I probably might not even watch. Just seems like forgone conclusion.

I probably have a bit of an unhealthy obsession about wanting to see Anthony Smith cop a brutal beating just to hear his massive copium but I don't really care about this fight, maybe I will if Spann wins, for about 3 mins fiddy seconds.

Back