• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does Anyone Care/will watch Metamoris?

But Ryron tapped and spoke no excuses after match. And they were praising technique of Josh too.
Your logic is weird. You can find excuse for any possible match if you really want to. Why only big guys and champions are excuses?

Ryron doesn’t need to make an excuse after tapping to Barnett because he knows you fan boys will defend him and say “But Barnett is bigger.”

Ryron doesn’t need to make an excuse after tapping to Barnett because he knows you fan boys will defend him and say “But Barnett is bigger.”

I'm with you completely. Whenever Gracies legitimately lose, they early tap or force their opponent to show them the winning technique immediately after the match, as though the loss was just some collegiual discussion between fellow jedis. Yet if the Gracies win, they hail it as eternal validation of the Gracie way, and they keep their invisible Jiu-jitsu secrets to themselves.

I thought it was cool that Andre threw everything at him for 20 minutes.. I get it why lot of folks don't like the G brothers.. but dang... Ryron competes with a couple of beasts and he's still labeled a coward?

Dude, they’re not throwing punches or kicks. I’ll grapple anybody except for Palhares. It’s grappling.

And since it’s grapplkng, might as well try and win instead of defending and hoping the opponent gets tired enough.

Well, being "fanboy" I do think that Barnett won via technique, not size and strength.
I don't really understand people saying all that "Where are Gracies now? They were only good against bums and casuals". Well, it is partly true, but look at this from other perspective.
I mean it is only a family clan, where talent pool is so shallow. And still they provide some top competitors even nowdays. Some regions or even small countries not doing this. For me this is amazing.
For all who think I am a fanboy of Ryron&Rener, I need to say something. I do not like their marketing style, the way they promote themselves. But I do like them as an instructors and creators of Gracie Combatives and gracieuniversity. I mean I never saw before such a structured, well explained and detailed course. Conceptual wise Ryan Hall is doing better, but his stuff is more advanced. For the newbs Gracies are best.

Nicky Ryan was Ryron|Rener would be better than Gordon.

Well, being "fanboy" I do think that Barnett won via technique, not size and strength.
I don't really understand people saying all that "Where are Gracies now? They were only good against bums and casuals". Well, it is partly true, but look at this from other perspective.
I mean it is only a family clan, where talent pool is so shallow. And still they provide some top competitors even nowdays. Some regions or even small countries not doing this. For me this is amazing.
For all who think I am a fanboy of Ryron&Rener, I need to say something. I do not like their marketing style, the way they promote themselves. But I do like them as an instructors and creators of Gracie Combatives and gracieuniversity. I mean I never saw before such a structured, well explained and detailed course. Conceptual wise Ryan Hall is doing better, but his stuff is more advanced. For the newbs Gracies are best.

Ryron and Rener are good instructors and have an excellent curriculum, they learned from the best, their father, a natural teacher. But that’s where the love ends.

They lie about history, exagerrate and smear other Gracie’s and Jiu Jitsu schools and don’t man up to fight.

I don’t care if you compete or not, just don’t criticize other people, lineages and teams because they threaten your income stream.

Last edited:
481 viewers times 20 bucks a pop is $9620. That sounds like almost enough to pay Ryan for this event!
jesus christ that's bad...
It was hard to see the whole crowd, but there were probably 50-60 people there for the main event.
looks like paying party girls to make an event look packed wasn't a successful business model haha.

Back