• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does Anyone Care/will watch Metamoris?

I don't mind rener and ryron, but can't stand that mindset

There is an affiliate school of there's I've been to a couple times. They are huge on the idea that "if you can't sub me, you can't really beat me". Yet they're also big into realistic self defense, and only using what is applicable in a real street fight. They say things to the effect of getting your guard passed or mounted doesn't mean anything

Well in a street fight if you just suck your arms in super tight and try not to get subbed, someone can start beating the piss out of you with strikes.

This is my central beef with the way Ryron spun his match with Galvao. That was literally the only rule set where sitting on bottom defensively for 20 minutes would work (if you call getting a draw 'working'). In normal points tournaments, MMA, or a self defense situation that strategy and entire mindset fails utterly.

There is an affiliate school of there's I've been to a couple times. They are huge on the idea that "if you can't sub me, you can't really beat me". Yet they're also big into realistic self defense, and only using what is applicable in a real street fight. They say things to the effect of getting your guard passed or mounted doesn't mean anything

Well in a street fight if you just suck your arms in super tight and try not to get subbed, someone can start beating the piss out of you with strikes.

I wonder what they think of CJJ. That's the most legit grappling without stepping into the octagon. And made by someone the Gracies don't exactly love (Bravo).

Rear triangle is cool.

Rear triangle is cool.

The Gordon seminar I went to he showed a number of entries and variations. I think it's actually a pretty important part of the Danaher back attack system.

The Gordon seminar I went to he showed a number of entries and variations. I think it's actually a pretty important part of the Danaher back attack system.

I would probably take out a mortgage for a Danaher instructional site or a Ryan Hall site

Well can u submit them? I mean isn't that the ultimate answer? If you pass their guard, mount them, and submit them there us no argument. If not work on your game and stop focusing on them

Last edited:
Well can u submit them? I mean isn't that the ultimate answer? If you pass their guard, mount them, and submit them there us no argument. If not work on your game and stop focusing on them
I am working on my game and not focusing on them.

Yet, I can still have discussions on training philosophies and different approaches.

Not sure you understand what expression means
You know, the guy that tells people who do something else for a living a betterrible way to do it evendors though that guy is no where close to being on the same level. And chalks it up to everyone has a right to an opion. YOU KNOW THAT GUY

You know, the guy that tells people who do something else for a living a betterrible way to do it evendors though that guy is no where close to being on the same level. And chalks it up to everyone has a right to an opion. YOU KNOW THAT GUY
What are you even talking about?

First, I said hiding you arms can leaverify you open to strikes. You respond with "submitting themy will prove they're open to strikes" lol

Now I'm telling high level guys on different careers how they should have approached their careers? You're a strange one

I’m cool with Ralek as long as he sincerely went to advance positions and got tapped. He also did a good job against Tonon.

Ryron, his brother, didn’t want to be humiliated so he took the coward’s approach by making it his goal to not get tapped by Galvao which isn’t nearly as difficult if positional hierarchy isn’t awarded and respected..
Was his match with Barnett on Metamoris 6 a coward's approach?

Was his match with Barnett on Metamoris 6 a coward's approach?
Yeah, because everyone knows what he’d say had he not tapped out.

As is, they played up Barnett’s size to explain the loss to anything but technique.

Ryron And Rener intentionally pick either:

Repeat World Champions so they have a built in excuse if they lose because “We don’t compete regularly.”

Or

REALLY BIG guys so if they lose he was “So huge. So powerful.”

This combined with NOT BEING submitted is enough to market their products to unsuspecting Jiu-Jitsu newbs.

Cowards.

Kool-Aid.

Kron Gracie, Roger Gracie, Clark Gracie, Kayron Gracie > Ryron & Rener

*being a last minute replacement was what they really wanted anyway. At anytime Ryron can challenge a guy around his size to a proper match, but he doesn’t. Only against people where he has an excuse.

Yeah, because everyone knows what he’d say had he not tapped out.

As is, they played up Barnett’s size to explain the loss to anything but technique.

Ryron And Rener intentionally pick either:

Repeat World Champions so they have a built in excuse if they lose because “We don’t compete regularly.”

Or

REALLY BIG guys so if they lose he was “So huge. So powerful.”

This combined with NOT BEING submitted is enough to market their products to unsuspecting Jiu-Jitsu newbs.

Cowards.

Kool-Aid.

Kron Gracie, Roger Gracie, Clark Gracie, Kayron Gracie > Ryron & Rener

*being a last minute replacement was what they really wanted anyway. At anytime Ryron can challenge a guy around his size to a proper match, but he doesn’t. Only against people where he has an excuse.
But Ryron tapped and spoke no excuses after match. And they were praising technique of Josh too.
Your logic is weird. You can find excuse for any possible match if you really want to. Why only big guys and champions are excuses?

I thought it was cool that Andre threw everything at him for 20 minutes.. I get it why lot of folks don't like the G brothers.. but dang... Ryron competes with a couple of beasts and he's still labeled a coward?

I get it why lot of folks don't like the G brothers.. but dang... Ryron competes with a couple of beasts and he's still labeled a coward?
Haters. They are the same no matter who or what they are hating.
By the way, would watch new Metamoris for sure. I pretty much enjoyed most of the matches with only few exceptions.

Back