• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does Anyone Care/will watch Metamoris?

Ralek got dominated. Knee on belly to knee on neck to knee on arm for half of the fight. Looked like Gordon was toying with him before finishing him with a triangle. Ralek looked pretty tired by the end.

481 viewers total. One joined right near the end of the final match. Wonder if that will be enough $$$ to pay all the athletes.

Ralek got dominated. Knee on belly to knee on neck to knee on arm for half of the fight. Looked like Gordon was toying with him before finishing him with a triangle. Ralek looked pretty tired by the end.

481 viewers total. One joined right near the end of the final match. Wonder if that will be enough $$$ to pay all the athletes.

Man, 481 is a pretty low number. I dunno what that is compared to other online PPV Jiu Jitsu events but it can’t be that much.

Last edited:

Ralek has some sort of moral victory, perhaps?

Ralek has some sort of moral victory, perhaps?

Of course. Gordon's decisive defeat of Ralek is a testament to the effectiveness of Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Gordon defeated Ralek with a technique that Ralek's family first popularized themselves. Gordon used a strategy straight from the Gracie Jiu Jitsu playbook: Takedown, to side control, to knee on belly, to knee on neck, and finishing with a triangle choke. This approach to fighting comes directly from Helio Gracie. This fight goes to show the HUGE influence the Gracies have had on fighting. Kudos to Ralek.

Did Ralek pass the #HelioFilter?

481 viewers times 20 bucks a pop is $9620. That sounds like almost enough to pay Ryan for this event!

Of course. Gordon's decisive defeat of Ralek is a testament to the effectiveness of Gracie Jiu Jitsu. Gordon defeated Ralek with a technique that Ralek's family first popularized themselves. Gordon used a strategy straight from the Gracie Jiu Jitsu playbook: Takedown, to side control, to knee on belly, to knee on neck, and finishing with a triangle choke. This approach to fighting comes directly from Helio Gracie. This fight goes to show the HUGE influence the Gracies have had on fighting. Kudos to Ralek.

Yup. Ryan joins Matt Hughes is applying Gracie Jiu Jitsu to win!! Congrats Gracie family!!

481 viewers times 20 bucks a pop is $9620. That sounds like almost enough to pay Ryan for this event!
You have to subtract the cost of the streaming service, producing those videos of Ralek doing handstands and mountain biking through the forest, and whatever other overhead.

I loved the first few Metamoris events because I felt like they were really good quality and had some good competitions. After it went to that bracketing event, to me it looked like it was getting too big for it's britches and looked like they were trying to make it like a TUF event.
Then Polaris came out which I think has much better matches and I definitely enjoy more. I have not tried watching any of the EBI tournaments yet, but I think I will start with the next one.

s2lnyxq0ee001.jpg

"The proceeds earned from this event will go towards paying not only the athletes on this card, but also those that were famously owed money from previous Metamoris events."

Can't have it BOTH ways.

When Galvao passed Ryron's guard to obtain side-control and thus a SUPERIOR position for eternity, why was Ryron given a "Moral victory" simply for not getting tapped?

Passing guard, getting a dominant position is closer to Helio's philosophy than playing dead underneath and then going for a hail-mary ankle lock.

Even uncle Royce, the guy who actually built the UFC house using his blood says that Rorion's sons are "Misinterpreting" Helio's philosophies to jiu jitsu.

s2lnyxq0ee001.jpg

"The proceeds earned from this event will go towards paying not only the athletes on this card, but also those that were famously owed money from previous Metamoris events."

It was hard to see the whole crowd, but there were probably 50-60 people there for the main event.

Passing guard, getting a dominant position is closer to Helio's philosophy than playing dead underneath and then going for a hail-mary ankle lock.

I didn't mention it earlier, but Ralek was briefly on top. Ryan started by pulling guard. At one point, it looked like Ralek fell on his butt going for an armbar that wasn't there, then Ryan moved to top, passed his guard, took his back, and put him in a tight body triangle. Ralek defended for a bit before Ryan started helicoptering around knee on face, grinding the life out of poor Ralek.

s2lnyxq0ee001.jpg

Yikes, that picture on the right is pretty sad. Time to find a new hustle Ralek.

I didn't mention it earlier, but Ralek was briefly on top. Ryan started by pulling guard. At one point, it looked like Ralek fell on his butt going for an armbar that wasn't there, then Ryan moved to top, passed his guard, took his back, and put him in a tight body triangle. Ralek defended for a bit before Ryan started helicoptering around knee on face, grinding the life out of poor Ralek.

I’m cool with Ralek as long as he sincerely went to advance positions and got tapped. He also did a good job against Tonon.

Ryron, his brother, didn’t want to be humiliated so he took the coward’s approach by making it his goal to not get tapped by Galvao which isn’t nearly as difficult if positional hierarchy isn’t awarded and respected..

Good thing Garry never signed that exclusive contract eh

Can't have it BOTH ways.

When Galvao passed Ryron's guard to obtain side-control and thus a SUPERIOR position for eternity, why was Ryron given a "Moral victory" simply for not getting tapped?

Even uncle Royce, the guy who actually built the UFC house using his blood says that Rorion's sons are "Misinterpreting" Helio's philosophies to jiu jitsu.
I don't mind rener and ryron, but can't stand that mindset

There is an affiliate school of there's I've been to a couple times. They are huge on the idea that "if you can't sub me, you can't really beat me". Yet they're also big into realistic self defense, and only using what is applicable in a real street fight. They say things to the effect of getting your guard passed or mounted doesn't mean anything

Well in a street fight if you just suck your arms in super tight and try not to get subbed, someone can start beating the piss out of you with strikes.

I don't mind rener and ryron, but can't stand that mindset

There is an affiliate school of there's I've been to a couple times. They are huge on the idea that "if you can't sub me, you can't really beat me". Yet they're also big into realistic self defense, and only using what is applicable in a real street fight. They say things to the effect of getting your guard passed or mounted doesn't mean anything

Well in a street fight if you just suck your arms in super tight and try not to get subbed, someone can start beating the piss out of you with strikes.

Exactly, but the bullcrap response RYRON has said is if they strike me or try to sub me, I can escape more easily.

Maybe against a pedestrian blackbelt but not a professional blackbelt raised since childhood in the sport. (Basically someone like himself)

Last edited:
I will definitely watch a .gif of Ralek getting subbed by Gordon.

Back