Does anyone actually believe Dana White didn't score that fight?

GeorgeSP

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I find it very hard to believe Dana got so lost into the fight that he stopped scoring it. I think the obvious reason was he scored it for Gustafsson, but didn't want to admit it afterwards in case they don't do the rematch right away.

well played dana. well played.

Seeing as how Dana always has an opinion on who he felt won, yeah I think he is bullshitting.

I'm not sure, but you know what?

I'm not sure I think the president of the UFC should voice an opinion as to who won after a close fight like this. If it's a robbery, sure react, but when it could have gone either way better to stay neutral. He honestly played it well by talking up both guys, and they both deserved it.

I feel like not announcing who he thought won was in itself a nod to Gustafsson since it goes against the status quo.

He totally tried to avoid those questions. As an MMA fan you automatically score the fight all the time, you don't just watch it as if it's a movie.

Dana was surprised to have an exciting 5 round title fight in Canada. Usually the ones that go 5 rounds are not very exciting. So, he was a bit distracted.
What? Aldo/Hominick was awesome.

Dana doesn't always score fights. He often says this when asked who he thought won a fight.

I've seen him score fights pretty poorly at times too but i probably agree with him more than i don't when it comes to controversial decisions.

Um....didn't Dana throw Jones under the bus and claim this fight proved Jones only won by size and reach before? That isn't the comment of someone who is trying to shield a fighter via conspiracy.

Um....didn't Dana throw Jones under the bus and claim this fight proved Jones only one by size and reach before? That isn't the comment of someone who is trying to shield a fighter via conspiracy.

Yeah I think if he looks back at those interviews he'll probably regret he said that.

Something tells me he score the fight but didn't want to insult the champ

I can believe... i don't score every single fight myself, sometimes i just sit and enjoy.. and if it becomes a close contest i end up re-watching and scoring it in my head.

I don't tend to score fights as I watch them,so maybe Dana is the same.Its easy to get lost in a fight,especially one as good as that.

Something tells me he score the fight but didn't want to insult the champ

Except...you know...he DID, after the fight presser, claiming that the fight proved Jones was just coasting on height and reach. He basically called his champ a fraud. That's not the comment of someone trying to coddle his champ and inoculate him from a score.

Idk but I'm willing to bet he eventually comes out and says he thinks Gus won.

I believe him because in the 5th round I said to my GF, someone has to finish because I can't score this fight for shit.

Dana doesn't always score fights. He often says this when asked who he thought won a fight.

I've seen him score fights pretty poorly at times too but i probably agree with him more than i don't when it comes to controversial decisions.

If you saw the press conference you really could see how Dana had to stop himself for a minute and really consider his reply before responding. It was not an instant reply which would look like something honest he throws out there.

Back