Does anyone actually believe Dana White didn't score that fight?

So the guy who publicly threatened to cut Anderson Silva after the Maia fight doesn't dare to say who he thought won a close fight?

He totally tried to avoid those questions. As an MMA fan you automatically score the fight all the time, you don't just watch it as if it's a movie.

Maybe you do
Some of us just sit back, sip a beer and enjoy the show

I can believe... i don't score every single fight myself, sometimes i just sit and enjoy.. and if it becomes a close contest i end up re-watching and scoring it in my head.

I agree. There's an actual exercise that goes into scoring a fight, more than just watching.

Especially when you're Dana and you're watching + tweeting + glad handing + overseeing production + talking to people, I can totally see not scoring every fight, and when you add in that this was such a great fight, it's easy to lose that part of it.

That said, you always have an opinion about who won, but it is with the caveat that you weren't scoring (e.g. "I wasn't scoring the fight, but I think Fighter B took it"). In fact, I think that's what most people really mean when they say "I scored the fight for Fighter B", they just don't know it.

Look at Rogans face and Dana's when they were announcing the decision.

They all had this look of shock . As in jones just of beat.

Dana always has an opinion , I'm glad he believed Gus won so much he couldn't even lie about it

Except...you know...he DID, after the fight presser, claiming that the fight proved Jones was just coasting on height and reach. He basically called his champ a fraud. That's not the comment of someone trying to coddle his champ and inoculate him from a score.

Probably more of a freudian slip based on who he thought actually won

I don't get why people care so much what Dana White thinks of fights. His opinion of who won the fight is honestly worthless. It doesn't affect anything

I can believe it. I gave up scoring after the 2nd round, myself. It was so back and forth. I was sure it was going to be a split decision, was surprised the decision was unanimous. And I'm just a fan watching at home. Dana isn't just a spectator, it's a work night for him. That said, it is possible that Dana thought Gus won but didn't want to spew that opinion out to the press. But there's no smoking gun either way.

I can believe... i don't score every single fight myself, sometimes i just sit and enjoy.. and if it becomes a close contest i end up re-watching and scoring it in my head.

I always do that. I'm usually to caught up in the moment to care about scoring. I rewatch it and then see what I think, especially if the guy I initally thought won, didn't win.

Um....didn't Dana throw Jones under the bus and claim this fight proved Jones only won by size and reach before? That isn't the comment of someone who is trying to shield a fighter via conspiracy.

Sad thing is that it also devalues Gustafsson since he's the next biggest guy at LHW. He basically said that their skill, heart, and determination has won their fights, their size and reach did. Either way, Dana has never made it a secret that he REALLY doesn't like Jones and wants him out since he was the only one who actually had the power and leeway to play hard ball with him and actually do it.

Sad thing is that it also devalues Gustafsson since he's the next biggest guy at LHW. He basically said that their skill, heart, and determination has won their fights, their size and reach did. Either way, Dana has never made it a secret that he REALLY doesn't like Jones and wants him out since he was the only one who actually had the power and leeway to play hard ball with him and actually do it.

This, all this.

I just find it funny in light of this that people are still acting like UFC is conspiracying a shield for Jones as if to inoculate him from everything.

If you saw the press conference you really could see how Dana had to stop himself for a minute and really consider his reply before responding. It was not an instant reply which would look like something honest he throws out there.

Interesting. I plan on watching it later.

Dana's scores tend to lean towards puncher/boxers. It seems to me he's shown a bias in that regard so him scoring the fight for Gus makes sense.

Dana was surprised to have an exciting 5 round title fight in Canada. Usually the ones that go 5 rounds are not very exciting. So, he was a bit distracted.

lol, very possible

Dana is no judge, if you want to properly judge a fight you need to look at it like a judge. It's much more enjoyable to just let the fight happen and look at it as a fan.

Um....didn't Dana throw Jones under the bus and claim this fight proved Jones only won by size and reach before? That isn't the comment of someone who is trying to shield a fighter via conspiracy.
I think that's a misconception. Dana was simply saying that that was the main reason why Gus did better than Jones' previous challengers. Not the same thing at all.

I'm not sure, but you know what?

I'm not sure I think the president of the UFC should voice an opinion as to who won after a close fight like this. If it's a robbery, sure react, but when it could have gone either way better to stay neutral. He honestly played it well by talking up both guys, and they both deserved it.

Nope. Dana always says who he thinks won a close fight every single time. He said Rampage clearly beat Macida (which he did) even tho all the fanboys were trying to say Lyoto won.

Interesting. I plan on watching it later.

Dana's scores tend to lean towards puncher/boxers. It seems to me he's shown a bias in that regard so him scoring the fight for Gus makes sense.

Source? I call bullshit. Dana has never shown bias to any style of fighter. If anything he's shown bias towards more marketable fighters.

I believe. The outcome depends on one close round. If someone was not paying close attention he/she would not know.

Every word out of Dana's mouth is a lie. Of course he has an opinion, but that won't sell a rematch as well as "I thought fighter _______ clearly won."

I don't get why people care so much what Dana White thinks of fights. His opinion of who won the fight is honestly worthless. It doesn't affect anything

THIS HAS TO BE THE MOST RETARDED THING EVER.

The guy who runs the whole ship. Guy who publicly makes your image look better or worse. Guy who has a say in who stats/who goes, who gets title shots, who gets more publicity (e.g when dana talks about a fighter alot it makes people talk about them making them more valuable as a commodity hence richer). What dana thinks goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooes a looooong way in this sport.

THIS HAS TO BE THE MOST RETARDED THING EVER.

The guy who runs the whole ship. Guy who publicly makes your image look better or worse. Guy who has a say in who stats/who goes, who gets title shots, who gets more publicity (e.g when dana talks about a fighter alot it makes people talk about them making them more valuable as a commodity hence richer). What dana thinks goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooes a looooong way in this sport.

No it doesn't. Does his opinion change the outcome of the fight? If Dana comes out tommrow and says he thought Gustaffson won the fight, are they going to strip Jones of the title? No, the aren't. So like I said, it doesn't really matter who he thought won. Jones is still the champion, that is that.

Source? I call bullshit. Dana has never shown bias to any style of fighter. If anything he's shown bias towards more marketable fighters.

I don't really have a source but it's just a vibe I've gotten from him personally. I can't actually think of any of them at the moment but I also can't remember many fights Dana has scored. I'm not saying it's a strong bias or anything serious though.

Back