Does anyone actually believe Dana White didn't score that fight?

I find it very hard to believe Dana got so lost into the fight that he stopped scoring it. I think the obvious reason was he scored it for Gustafsson, but didn't want to admit it afterwards in case they don't do the rematch right away.

well played dana. well played.
This is exactly what I thought when watching the post fight press conference. DW is a f*cking LIAR through and through, and not on just this, but a lot of $hit. I even wonder about scores for his pet fighters like JBJ got last night. The credibilty of he and the UFC is questionable at best now.

Last edited:
Dana says a lot of crazy shit, but if he starts to mess with Nike and Garorade, the Fertittas will for sure kick him out.

Dana is a fight fan. So I believe that there is a chance he was enjoying the fight too much to focus on scoring it.

I don't believe anything dana says. I'm sure he knows who he thought won, probably Gus, but he didn't want his other cash cow to lose his glimmer already since Silva just did.

Gus didn't start taking any real damage until the end of the 4th round pretty crazy decision jones looked horrible, but I knew he would get the W just because they weren't going to let him lose and not break tito's record.

But if he don't want to put on a rematch, even if he scored for Gustaffson, why he would say that he had not scored the fight rather than lying that he scored it to Jones?

I was there live I could see how you could just get wrapped up in the fight, it was crazy!

Dana cant lose another dominant black champ. Americans wouldn't take MMA seriously if there weren't black champs

I find it very hard to believe Dana got so lost into the fight that he stopped scoring it. I think the obvious reason was he scored it for Gustafsson, but didn't want to admit it afterwards in case they don't do the rematch right away.

well played dana. well played.

pretty mutch that. Dana is always outspoken. I bet he secretly thanks gods for the gifted victory to his nike posterboy.:)

Dana cant lose another dominant black champ. Americans wouldn't take MMA seriously if there weren't black champs

so mma is like boxing now? make sense by sherdog's reaction.

Gus didn't start taking any real damage until the end of the 4th round pretty crazy decision jones looked horrible, but I knew he would get the W just because they weren't going to let him lose and not break tito's record.

that clearly explain the suspect decision. Knowing dana hate tito and jones being sponsored by gatorade and nike. A clever business move. And they say pride was fixed...

that clearly explain the suspect decision. Knowing dana hate tito and jones being sponsored by gatorade and nike. A clever business move. And they say pride was fixed...

UGH...People this dumb really make me hate MMA and appreciate boxing more and pretty much every other sport in general for having a less retarded fanbase. People claiming this was a robbery or a suspect decision have clearly not been watching ANY combat sport for very long.

I can believe it. When I watch a fight I can either analyze it or I can enjoy it. I generally choose to enjoy it.

When I watched the interview Dana's body language seemed to be telling the truth. He usually goes right out and says who won and this time he went and said well some people thought this and some people thought that. To me it's completely reasonable to get lost in a fight like that. After the first round me and my friends got so lost in the action and the closeness of the nest two rounds we just gave up trying to score it and had no idea what the judges decision would be. I honesty though a Draw might be possible it was so close.

I believe him. Some can get caught up in a great fight, and forget some of that stuff. On top of that he runs a company. He might have had other things going through his mind. If I recall he said he had others talking to him about the fight throughout most of it. It might have been tough for him to do playing the "host" role.

It's entirely possible.

Dana said something along the lines of "Jones got busted up the first 2 rounds"

Entirely possible he had an idea of one guy edging the other but didn't feel strongly enough about it to go on record. I don't blame him.

I will say though, I agree with others who think that not acknowledging the champ won is pretty much an indictment on the decision. If I were a betting man I'd say he thought it was a draw or Gus victory, but not apparent enough to make a fuss over it.

Back