Does anybody else love to see fighters get exhausted?

Maybe a Hendo vs Shogun fight where they are exhausted from beating the shit out of eachother for my entertainment, then yes

What about when a guy who loses a decision is fresh?

WTF is that?

I hate that. I want fighters to try to win. To give their all to win.

Well, probably best I'm not in MMA. I'd probably get a heartattack before losing:) But I'm crazy. I just want fighters to give their best and not quit or just try to survive.

What about when a guy who loses a decision is fresh?

WTF is that?

I hate that. I want fighters to try to win. To give their all to win.

Well, probably best I'm not in MMA. I'd probably get a heartattack before losing:) But I'm crazy. I just want fighters to give their best and not quit or just try to survive.

FergusonAlexander9.gif

They fought their heart out. What an amazing fight.

Although Hunt vs Rothwell is a poor example, I agree with TS.

If you lose a decision but still have the energy to do push-ups, you should be fined and suspended for taking a dive.
Because you clearly weren't trying to win.

Leave it all in the cage or find yourself another sport. :D

Although Hunt vs Rothwell is a poor example, I agree with TS.

If you lose a decision but still have the energy to do push-ups, you should be fined and suspended for taking a dive.
Because you clearly weren't trying to win.

Leave it all in the cage or find yourself another sport. :D

Or they just have better conditioning than a wooly mammoth

I love it when fighters get tired, even when it's just from bad conditioning. It's funny.

Rolles Gracie's UFC fight is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Drunken Cain bar-slobbing around the mile-high octagon while Werdum tee'd off on him was funny too. Mexican't.

When you have two great fighters that fight hard, get exhausted, and then start brawling, it's sometimes awesome. For example Shogun vs Hendo 1.

Not sure why people think TS is trolling.

let's just put it this way - i don't like it when one of them is absolutely gassed.

if both are super exhausted after a grueling 4 rounds affair and still find some inner strength to finish the 5th swinging, yeah, power to them. but both gassed in the first or second, that's just disrespectful and unprofessional.

I agree with both of the above posts.

Hunt v Rothwell is just a weird example to use, IMO. That was two HWs at altitude, nothing special.

Better examples are Jones v Gus and Shogun v Hendo 1. By the end of those fights both fighters were completely spent, but kept on going anyway. Sometimes it's not even both fighters. GSP v Fitch was the first fight I watched that had a real impact. Partly for GSP's offense, but also for Fitch's resilience and unending will to win. He got got battered all over that octagon, dropped, rocked, punched, kicked, knee'd, he was exhausted, and never gave up. That shit is awesome.

It's one of the parts of fighting I find the most fascinating and captivating. How these fighters just push through pain, exhaustion, injury, anything and everything. With some fighters it seems that they literally don't have any quit in them. Unless you actually knock them out, choke them out or threaten to tear a limb off, they're not going to quit.

Elevation was a mile.

So when a cardio machine like Cain is affected by altitude, I guess much heavier fighters should be too.

The elevation was 1x lower than Mexico, but still high enough to feel it.

i wasn't reffering to a fight in particular, just a broad statement.

You must be a big fan of Houston Alexander vrs Kimbo Slice .... That was the worst fight I ever saw.

FergusonAlexander9.gif

They fought their heart out. What an amazing fight.

Better this than not giving your all. At least we got a cool gif.

Hendricks was bitching that he was fighting at 70 % of his capabilities and lost a close decision. WTF is that?

I love it when fighters get tired, even when it's just from bad conditioning. It's funny.

Rolles Gracie's UFC fight is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Drunken Cain bar-slobbing around the mile-high octagon while Werdum tee'd off on him was funny too. Mexican't.

Ah yes, good old "Disgracie". I remember seeing a thread and seeing that as the second post.

Had me cracked right up, I believe it was you that did the post? Lol.

Better this than not giving your all. At least we got a cool gif.

Hendricks was bitching that he was fighting at 70 % of his capabilities and lost a close decision. WTF is that?

Yeah, please watch the three fights I have in my sig. Those fights are the definition of fighting your heart out

Yeah, please watch the three fights I have in my sig. Those fights are the definition of fighting your heart out

I've seen them all:) And I agree.

Nobody gives credit to Fedor for surviving BF's full mount for a whole f*cking round. I consider this fight a war, not a beating, because Fedor's defence was awesome, but gets overlooked because of that swell that happened because one punch found that eye.

Fedor vs Schilt gets sh*t, but it was a ground war. Fedor working haard to try and gnp the sh*t out of Semmy and Semmy was doing great at defending against the gnp and was doing damage from bellow. They were both tired at the end of the fight.

Herring survived the beating Fedor gave him and won the last minute of the 10 minute round, because Fedor thought Herring was done and relaxed too much and got reversed:) He also survived Brock for 3 rounds.

When you survive such things it's amazing.

Minotauro surviving Sapp and WINNING, surviving Fedor's beating in their first fight and allways working for submissions. Amazing.

Fedor vs Minotauro 2. Fedor was very tired at the end. He was the clear winner, but he still worked like crazy. Fedor's offence in the fight had a sick pace for a HW fight. Minotauro was too defensive and dissapointed me for not going for broke more. He even lifted his hands like he won at the end. Which clearly disgusted Fedor and pissed me off completely.

Wanderlei pis*ed me off vs Arona. He allways fought like a maniac, but wasn't trying to win vs Arona in the first fight, even though he was clearly losing.

Hunt vs Wanderlei was awesome, but all Hunt's fights are awesome.

Cyborg vs. Manhoef was like that.. fought their heart out

Back