Does Amanda Nunes have more of a chance against Cyborg then her previous opponents?

Yes- she still loses but only female that comes close to punching like a man......something cyborg has yet to face and remember holly went the distance so maybe Nunes has more of a shot than people will be giving her.

Nunes has a good chance. She has more power and is much less predictable than Holly Holm. The grappling isnt as lopsided either as Nunes can test Cyborg's Ground game for the first time in a long time. Her boxing has also improved

Amanda had to fight her ass off and barely defeated/arguably lost a natural 125er so that has me thinking she has no chance vs Cyborg she's the 1.0 version of Cyborg.

I'm pretty sure it's always been considered a dick move to throw knees or elbows in sparring. Wherever I've been, at least.

Oh yeah throwing proper knees or elbows is a nono, but for a warmup we sometimes do a few rounds of super light/slow technical sparring where we just go back and forth with combos

Nunes can definitely win. Cyborg could show up having a bad night and Nunes having the best night of her life. But if they both show up in typical fashion, then Cyborg should stomp her. Nunes has good standup and good power, but Cyborg wont (shouldn't) lead with her face like Ronda did.

Yes.

I have always said Nunes has more of a chance at beating Cyborg than Holm does. I still favor Cyborg of course but Nunes is the scariest WMMA fighter out there besides Borg. Best WMMA fight of all time.

Amanda out points her. You’ll a bunch of one sided haters.
You can't be serious. Amanda throws slow one-twos and Cyborg puts together 5 and 6 piece combos and lands most of it. Cyborg will completely out-pace Nunes in this fight. Cyborg is very close to unbeatable at this point in time.

Nunes can definitely win. Cyborg could show up having a bad night and Nunes having the best night of her life. But if they both show up in typical fashion, then Cyborg should stomp her. Nunes has good standup and good power, but Cyborg wont (shouldn't) lead with her face like Ronda did.
That's the thing that gets overlooked. Cyborg has never had a bad night for over a decade. True professional.

If the Cyborg that beat Holm appears,Nunes will have problems to keep her pace standing,she will get smothered also IDT Nunes have enough power to make Cyborg walk backwards.

So Nunes best choice is a GnP game or a TD heavy approach looking for a sub.
Again IDT Nunes have enough gas in the tank keep a game like that for full 5 rounds if the sub opportunity doesn’t comes.

Its a hard one.

70/30 Cyborg.

The Rocky fight was eye opening to me. I used to think she transformed in to a destroyer, but mid tier Ricky put up a good fight. No way CyRoid struggles like that with Pennington.

It should be Cyborg's biggest challenge, but Cyborg is just several levels above everyone else and should get it done.

I really thought Holly had the style to beat Cyborg but Amanda is a legit opponent, sure. I still take Cyborg by late TKO

The Rocky fight was eye opening to me. I used to think she transformed in to a destroyer, but mid tier Ricky put up a good fight. No way CyRoid struggles like that with Pennington.

Pennington isn't at the elite level but I think she's heavily underrated at times. Keep in mind that she bloodied up Holm and took her to a split decision along with easily beating Tate in a decision. Win or lose, she's not an easy fight for anyone in the division.

Cyborg isn't impenetrable...
Cristiane__Justino__vs__Jorina_Baars.gif

AW1K.gif

zFLd6HY.gif

Yes... IMPENETRABLE... ;)
giphy.gif

Jorina baars would beat any female mma fighter in a kickboxing match

Back