Does Amanda Nunes have more of a chance against Cyborg then her previous opponents?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by CombatScience, Aug 23, 2018.

1. CombatScience Blue Belt

Does Nunes have a legitimate shot against Cyborg? I say no.

2. VinceArch Venom in the veins.

I don't think so. I don't even think she'll do as good as Holly did.

3. LouisBolanos Popcorn tastes good

She has more of a chance like Usain Bolt has more of a chance running against a lion than I do.

Still not a legitimate chance.

4. Reach4theSky Playin' a riddim

By previous opponents, you mean soccer moms? Then yes she has a better shot..

5. mooseman17 Black Belt

She has a better chance as she hits hard and has long punches. But unless she attempts to take Cybirg down and use her GnP. I dont think she will win.

6. cocksure Silver Belt

Yes because they already lost.

7. SowingSeason And then they went on to say...

I don't think Nunes has much of a change against Cyborg. I can't think of anyone I would choose over Cyborg though.

8. Charnel2500 Blue Belt

I think Nunes can win that. Holm lost by dec 2x48-47, 49-46. Nunes is better than Holm for sure.

9. Pulver-ize Purple Belt

Nunes has a very good chance,, that chick hits hard. And if borg tries to drag the match out ,, like i believe she did with Holms,, it wil get interesting.. I think shes backed off the aggression petal to get more fights.. What shes capable of came out vs Gina and thats the borg everyone remembers and no one wants to fight..

10. Local Plata Hitchslap Belt

I think so. She has some pretty sick power. I don't think she will win, but she probably has the best shot of anyone Cyborg has fought in the UFC IMO.

11. Thepaintbucket Gold Belt

Nunes has the power to put Cyborg away. Cyborg hasn't faced another power puncher like her. Nunes is also at the peak of her career as champion. 98% of Cyborgs opponents were cans or washed up fighters. With that being said I think Cyborg will still win. Nunes best shot is her over hand right and there's no hiding it. You can bet your ass Cyborg will be training to avoid it just like she blocked all of Hollys attempted head kicks.

Nor is Amanda as technical as Holly. Her cardio sucks past 2 rounds. If I was Nunes I'd be looking for a kill shot early on.

Holly was tagging Cyborg with some good shots if she only had more power. The other thing was that her gameplan sucked. Greg Jackson sucks. He's all about winning by the safest way possible.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  12. SeattleFightFan Steel Belt

she's a decent +230 bet. i'd wait for the "Nunes by decision" prop bet though, and if it's closer to +500 i'd take that.

seems to me like the biggest problem with comparing her to Holly is that Holly likes to fight from a distance. she had a game chance of eking out 3 rounds that way. we have good reason to believe that Nunes will fight the way Cris like her opponents to fight.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  13. HNIC215 Semper Fidelis...

Cyborg isn't impenetrable...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yes... IMPENETRABLE... ;)
    [​IMG]

14. Rvd Slmr Silver Belt

Should have been 50-45, Holm was severely outstruck in every single round and ate all the big shots. There wasn't too much complains because Cyborg won anyway, but that was scary.

15. The Schmoop Red Belt

Holly was the one to beat her if anyone was going to. She was bigger, stronger and the more decorated striker on paper. Nunes is going to very gun shy. Look for Amanda to spam low kicks and brutalize cyborgs legs early and often. I hate to say it but this fight is not going to be fire works.

16. SeattleFightFan Steel Belt

i think she would be smart to do that.

17. The Schmoop Red Belt

All Nunes has is that overhand right. It’s her bread and butter and it works for her but as you said, cyborg will be more than ready for it. Holly is significantly cleaner with her strikes than Amanda and Cyborg countered the fuck out her. I don’t Amanda posing any threats besides her low kicks which she used very well against Pennington.

18. Easy The Great 903

Everyone has a chance till they get punched in the mouth. NO she doesn't.

19. ANIM4L Brown Belt

Holly was her toughest challenge and she beat her up. Holly beats Nunes too.

20. Taric Gold Belt

Cyborg should beat Nunes.