Do you think you can catch Diego Sanchez in a submission?

Yeah is this is not a red flag for dana and the ufc to actually show they give a shit about fighters and not give Diego any fights I don't know what would be.

The guy was bat shit crazy when we first saw him on TUF 15yrs ago and the beatings he's taken have not helped.
He didn’t even know how to eat asparagus

In the Fabia Sanchez Helwani interview, ariel asked Diego to describe his meet cute with Fabia.

I don’t think this part of the interview is getting much attention here, hence the new thread.

Diego says it’s a great story and goes into the fun details.

Diego in a dark gym eyeballs Fabia floating through the gym
Diego: what do you do
Fabia: orchestrate movements in the dark

Diego and Fabia proceed to pummel and as Diego puts it they each start stepping up intensity...then....BAM Fabia catches Diego in a submission and diego becomes the student

they rest is history

Fabia getting a lot of shit, but do YOU sherbro se think you can catch an mma fighter like that in the wild???

this story alone shows Fabia is bringing something and should get respect

I challenge you to try and do this to the next mma fighter you see in the airport
View attachment 732401
yeah Idk, I asked him on ig if hes down to do a bout against a scrub and he probably checked diego's oil

Quick word of advice, download it in a podcast app so you can listen at 2x speed

Diego was only a freaking purple belt there. Maybe Marcelo carried him a little but FFS earlier in the tournament, Aoki couldn't last 2 minutes with Marcelo.
Marcelo said he wanted to work on some things and get mat time for the final because he had finished people off quick earlier.

He carried Diego a lot.

Catch Diego in a sub?? no fucking way.

Fabia is clearly a conman but the fact Diego admits to him tapping him out blows my mind. No normal person could do that Chiesa couldn't and he's a great control artist (subs ain't unpredictable but he sets them up with insane control). Also a high level fighter.

Honestly he probably drugged Diego before they grappled.

Diego would beat my ass but I'd fucking maul GOAT coach Fabia

Don't forget that Chiesa did everything in his power to stop Diego but couldn't. Chiesa who previously ran through Condit.

Marcelo said he wanted to work on some things and get mat time for the final because he had finished people off quick earlier.

He carried Diego a lot.

Yeah maybe but you can see how good a grappler Diego is as a purple belt just the same.

And I think Diego is a nutjob and have never rooted for him really.

Quick word of advice, download it in a podcast app so you can listen at 2x speed

lol. You are a character man.

I actually just listened to the interview-- all 50 or so minutes (skipped commercial at beginning.)

Honestly, I have never been a guy to jump on a hate bandwagon for no reason, despite pressure.

I don't know for sure if this Josh Fabia guy is legit or not. Some of his "teachings" some strange or odd to most people. I think he has done lots of studying and been very thoughtful about what he says and teaches. Does that qualify him for being an MMA coach? I dont know, but Diego seems to think so.

What bothers a lot of people is a coach without certified credentials trying to train a MMA fighter for a very dangerous profession with potential life altering damages.

However, I don't know if our opinion on him really matters at the end of the day. Somehow, Diego is 2/3 working with Fabia, regardless of how it happened.

I guarantee you, though, lots of eyes are going to be on Diego for his next fight-- either to see him lose badly or to see if his coaching might just not be the craziest thing in the world.

I think my chances are ... 0.01%

200.gif

lol. You are a character man.

I actually just listened to the interview-- all 50 or so minutes (skipped commercial at beginning.)

Honestly, I have never been a guy to jump on a hate bandwagon for no reason, despite pressure.

I don't know for sure if this Josh Fabia guy is legit or not. Some of his "teachings" some strange or odd to most people. I think he has done lots of studying and been very thoughtful about what he says and teaches. Does that qualify him for being an MMA coach? I dont know, but Diego seems to think so.

What bothers a lot of people is a coach without certified credentials trying to train a MMA fighter for a very dangerous profession with potential life altering damages.

However, I don't know if our opinion on him really matters at the end of the day. Somehow, Diego is 2/3 working with Fabia, regardless of how it happened.

I guarantee you, though, lots of eyes are going to be on Diego for his next fight-- either to see him lose badly or to see if his coaching might just not be the craziest thing in the world.
The part that confused me the most was his insistence that mma media needs to watch the fight in slow motion to truly see all the great techniques and they basically have no right/shouldn’t talk about it until they do

it just reeks of something he came up with to avoid any real discussion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back